GL1800Riders - View Single Post - Sears is selling Craftsman tools
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:37 AM
2WheelNut
Seasoned Member

They have several lines now. I think there is an Evo line without the warranty. Even so, the old Craftsman line still has the lifetime warranty. They might not be as good, but they'll replace it as often as you break it.

This may not be as good as before though. To a real mechanic, the point was that it didn't break in the first place. The lifetime warranty just backed up the quality but you hoped you never needed it.

Having said all of that, in my experience they are still decent tools. Maybe not as good as before but still good enough to use without issue. I've personally bought some of the newer Craftsman stuff and have had no issues with it and functionally I can't tell the difference between it and the stuff I bought 20 years ago. China makes some junk and they make some decent stuff too. Point being, they might be made in China but they are still way better than a Harbor Freight tool also made in China as the HF stuff is made cheaper steel and less exacting tolerances resulting in a significantly inferior tool.

Current Stable:
2016 KTM Super Duke GT
2015 Honda Grom
2015 Yamaha FZ-09
2013 Honda GL1800 ABS
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Track)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Track)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome