GL1800Riders Forums banner

Minnesota Brisk

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  triplay 
#1 ·
Household thermometer

That's a 19 on the OTHER side of 0. Oh, I'm not going outside for a ride today. I'll just ride on the net'.

See less See more
#3 ·
BIKE WILL LAST FOREVER IF YA DONT RIDE IT !!!:surprise::smile2:>:)

#6 ·
Well then, I have a plan;
1-retire early
2-put tires on trailer
3-load bikes
4-plow snow away from trailer
5-remove plow from suburban
6-change plow tires for summer tires on suburban
7-hit the road for UNCLEJOHNS house
8-Camp in UJ's yard for the rest of winter
9-RIDE !!
10->:)>:)>:)

#7 ·
View attachment 166313

That's a 19 on the OTHER side of 0. Oh, I'm not going outside for a ride today. I'll just ride on the net'.
I just looked outside on my covered patio and my thermometer shows +20 degrees with the sun partially hitting it. Nothing like what you have but to us softies in West Texas, that's too cold to saddle up for this old cowboy.

Now, I know some of you northern eskimoes will get a chuckle out of a measly 20 degrees but all the electrics, including vest, grips, seat and even a foot warmer will not budge me to take a ride. Those are for 45 degrees or warmer, only.

#11 ·
Just to clarify the picture above is not me - Not quite that cooky. The guy actually owns some 12 or 13 goldwings. 4 1800's and the rest are 1500's. He holds the unofficial record for miles ridden in 10 days. 15,000 to be exact. Yes that's 1500 miles per day. Guinness will not publish this as they can't condone lawless behavior.

#14 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Yikes! Once in a great while it drops below 40 here. When it does it makes a he!! of a mess with the bananas falling off the trees and all the dead pink flamingos. A guy can hardly ride the scoot to the local tiki bar, without slipping and sliding into a random mob of naked native women. :coffee1:

#19 ·
Are they brown ?:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.