GL1800Riders - View Single Post - Heated grips are kaput
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:50 PM
ssncob
Seasoned Member

Under the "what it's worth" category, if my grip heater failed I would just replace both grip heaters with Electrical Connections grip heater system. http://electricalconnection.com/inde...ated-grip-kit/

You've got to pull the dang grip off to replace the element anyway - might as well replace it with a much better unit. No, the little dial on the dash for the grip heater will no longer control the heat. Yes - the new grip heater gets much hotter, the little control knob is easy to place in a variety of locations - and best of all - it's cheaper.

I installed this unit on my O2 after Gramps @Grampawinger used to tease me about how nice his heated grips were as we were riding in Michigan fall/winter weather. Man - I wish I had done it years earlier - made that much of a difference. I had Kury Iso-grips on the bike, and still never ran them at full - even when riding in the snow and sleet - they are that good.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome