GL1800Riders - View Single Post - Front fender interior brace
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:28 PM
dwatc
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dwatc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones66 View Post
I know much has been posted about the front fender cracking on the 1800's due to adding an extended fender, however I've always been a bit of skeptic about that. That's just an opinion, since I have only 3 post on this board I might not be allowed to have an opinion yet! Ha! gray red rider I do hope it works for you though, Good Luck!
I had an '09 that didn't have a fender extension on it and the fender was fine. My trike is a '13 that I purchased new as a trike and came with an extension on it. I replaced my broken fender before I replaced my second front tire at 28K. I don't remember the exact mileage when I replaced it but I'm guessing around 15K or so. Also have a friend that his fender broke also. Both trikes had the same extension on them. BTW my '09 only had 115K on it with no cracked fender. I also pretty much rode both bikes under the same conditions. One thing I have given thought to is the rake kits on trikes change the airflow with the fender extension but that's just a thought nothing to back it up either way.

GWRRA #307515
'74 CB 360
'78 400 Hawk
'86 700 Magna
'07 VTX 1300R
'09 Silver ABS
'13 Silver Hannigan

'09 Escapade

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome