GL1800Riders Forums banner

Falls apart??

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kooler2 
#1 ·
So a month ago i gets me some running/floorboards for the bike complete with a heal toe shifter
So today down the road I goes and wonders why I cant shift up an lo and behold the gear shift lever has come off?
So home in second gear I goes, thinking????????
So the bike goes on the centre stand and the bolts just fall to the floor, now how lucky is that?
Now when I fitted it everything was tight but for some reason things must of come loose?
So this time the bolts have sticky stuff put on em and here's hoping
Some how think somethings wrong with the setup as the brake lever broke when I tried to fit it and it wasn't even done up tight and now this?
Or maybe its because I'm in the Southern Hemisphere where the ladies are prettier, the toilets flush the opposite direction and we have a Sheep Station near the size of texas:grin2:

#2 ·
Chit happens lol. Lucky got home n parts were there.

#4 ·
I had my heal toe shifter come loose on my first ride after the install, I also checked that everything was tight at time of install. Fortunately did not loose any parts, fixed it with Loctite when I got home and now I carry that mickey mouse two pin spanner with me on the bike all the time now, just in case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.