GL1800Riders - View Single Post - Ozark Road Conditions 2017
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Monk
Seasoned Member

Ozark Road Conditions 2017

Last year @donniejoe started a thread about Ozark Road Conditions. Thought it would be a good time to get this thread started again for the new year. We've had several nice riding days this month that have given me the opportunity to check out some of the road conditions in the Ozarks.

I was on the southern half of Push Mountain a few days ago. And I would have to say it was great as usual! I took highway 14 and 27 over to Marshall. Then after a fuel stop I went back to 27 and let it take me to highway 74 that runs down to highway 66. Did not see any problems or surprises on these routes.

Today I ran the length of highway 7 from Russellville to Harrison. The construction is still in progress on the southern part of the highway. It is supposed to be finished sometime early this year. The construction zone between Jasper and Harrison is finished.

On the way back home I took highway 74 from Jasper over to 123 and ran that to the junction of highway 7 just North of Pelsior/Sand Gap. That was a very nice ride!! I really expected to see a lot of sand on the switchbacks. There was none!!

I took the lower part of 123 from Pelsoir/Sand Gap for a few miles, but turned around. The gravel is still pretty bad from the application last Fall. I was really disappointed. I met an SUV that was kicking up dust like he was driving down a gravel road.

Highway 154 that runs East and West across Petit Jean Mountain has about the only sand that I've seen so far. Most of it was on the curves going off the Mountain on the West end.

Highway 309 that runs over Mt. Magazine did not have much of anything in the way of sand on it. Wish they would repair the road on the South side. It has several rough places.

I've not been to the top of Mt. Nebo yet, but heard that it is clear of sand. Which is something of a surprise considering the time of year.

That is all I have for now. Will post more if I find anything.

If you see a problem post up so we can all benefit!!

Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014
Pirelli SnowControl Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
Pirelli Cinturato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
Mega Monty Traxxion - Service by Fred Harmon
Darkside #623 - 200,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
IBA # 42128

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome