GL1800Riders - View Single Post - Wing and Wife
Thread: Wing and Wife
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Iamoldschool
Seasoned Member

Garage
Wing and Wife

I want to hear some comments from those of you that are married to a lady that doesn't enjoy riding. I very much enjoy my time on two wheels, but my wife, not so much. She will go with me, on occasion, when we have a group of three or so with at least one other spouse along. For her, it seems to be more of an opportunity to socialize than ride. I bought my Goldwing with an eye toward being able to ride more and travel on it, especially after I retire. Now, I'm beginning to wonder if that will be possible unless I choose to leave her behind, which is unlikely. I travel quite a bit with my job, so she is not unaccustomed to being home without me. We do still have a 24 year old daughter living at home, so they do things together and with my other daughter, grandson and son-in-law. I suppose I need to make more of an effort to find a group of couples to ride with and make new friends that ride. Maybe that would encourage her to ride more with me.

Please comment as to things you may have done to get your uninterested spouse to ride with you more.

2014 Level 1 Black
DS#1662 Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55/16
Tennessee Traveler#423
2004 Victory Kingpin

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome