GL1800Riders - View Single Post - Sena SM10 Audio Volume vs Freewire
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Happytrails
Seasoned Member

I think I understand your volume problem because I had it too. When my SM10 was hooked up to my bike and then I connected a garmin there was enough inline noise that it caused the audio level to play low as if the SM10 had lowered it to hear the garmin. I installed one of those inline filters (not sure thats the corrected term) and it made my sound level is good and the bikes audio goes down when my garmin is talking. Btw, I have mine plugged into a aux power plug I put in the left pocket. Maybe your bike has a similar issue going on?

If your gonna buy a Freewire thats really awesome. I'm sure its very nice and you'll get your cb access you want. Its a bit pricey but probably really nice. Don't know much about them and didn't know about the power thing. Somewhat disappointed I never use my cb as of yet but if that were to change I'd be thinking Freewire too. I have a Sena 10u in my helmet so generally I'm listening to its own FM radio or music from my android. I've become fond of Waze as well for nav and traffic alerts so mostly use my garmin in my truck for trips.

Last edited by Happytrails; 02-15-2017 at 09:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome