GL1800Riders - View Single Post - Ozark Road Conditions 2017
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:32 PM
donniejoe
Seasoned Member

I'm sitting here in the Oark Cafe where I just finished a big ol piece of apple crumble pie with ice cream. It was still warm! Wasn't fit to eat.
I rode up the Pig Trail (AR 23) from I 40 to the overlook north of Cass. The section with the worst tar snakes south of Turner Bend is just as bad as ever. They resurfaced the road south of Rock Creek and stopped before the bad tar snake area. The best part of the Pig Trail is still between Brashears and Cass. Take AR 215 east from Cass to Oark and eat some of this nasty pie.

I'm not going to say that it's sunny and 70 degrees today. That may be more than my northern friends can handle.

The secret is out about the Oark Cafe. I'm here at 3:00 on a Friday and there were only two tables available. There's 6 people working in here and they are busy. That's pretty good for a place so far out in the boondocks.

When you leave Oark go south to Clarksville or west to Cass. Don't try to go east unless you can handle a few miles of gravel and washboard switchbacks up a mountain.

Last edited by donniejoe; 02-17-2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Weather

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome