GL1800Riders Forums banner

Clutch lever 2nd microswitch question

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  William Anzik 
#1 ·
Just doing a little PM on my levers before the riding time begins to increase for the summer. My clutch lever works smoothly as it should. I noticed the clicking of the first microswitch as you squeeze the clutch lever. I am assuming maybe that would cancel the cruise. By listening there is a second microswitch that is activated when the clutch lever is almost all the way activated. All I can think of that this switch would be for is to keep your turn signals from cancelling. Maybe some of you have investigated this already and know the answer. Finding that second switch just made me curious. Anyone know the answer?

#4 ·
The second switch, when depressed by near full pull of the clutch lever will allow you to start the bike while still in gear.

#7 ·
Part #6 is to start engine with clutch lever pulled in... while part #7 is to kill cruise if the lever is pulled in as Red explained. If your lever is at all wobbly and worn, Wingstuff sells the bushing DHS Racing supplies to rebuild the tightness of the lever where the mounting bolt is (about $21). Honda does not sell this bushing separate and you would need to buy the entire lever at a greater cost to make it fit like new. (I just did this repair 2 days ago).

Allen

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...DER/parts.html

#9 ·
The reason for two is that one (starter circuit) is normally open and closes to complete the ground. The cruise is normally closed and breaks ground when clutch is pulled. Hence the need for two.

:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.