RTE this Saturday - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 24Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 PM
Crazy Northerner
 
vettesherps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oshkosh, Wi
Posts: 7,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet bob View Post
Fire up that heated gear everyone. Boomer says he's buying![/FONT]
What is heated gear???


GL1800riders.com WI Board's Toughest Riders (Charter Member).
Real Riders Ride Year Round. Cold is only a state of mind, but snow
sucks. Charter member of the "I Hate Snow" club.


Darksider #1025
Wisconsin Patriot Guard #188329
vettesherps is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:29 PM
Seasoned Member
 
raybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S/W Ohio
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1832cc View Post
Bob let me interpret it for you. "I would like to go but Charliee said I can't!" Like the old saying goes...If mamma isn't happy nobody is happy.
Boomer, your not supposed to tell everything you know.
and she didn't say no.,,,,
well I haven't ask her yet.

49 States on a
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SCRC
2010 Wing
Darkside #421
Prowler #134
raybob is offline  
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:09 AM
Seasoned Member
 
Boomer1832cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet bob View Post
Hey Boomer, I understand about "if mamma ain't happy"; I was giving you a hard time about using a little cool weather to possibly back out. And you, with heated gear...... Also, Dave, think you might make this one? Be good to see you again. And Dan....and....and....and......Hate to start listing names because I'll miss someone and don't want to do that. Fire up that heated gear everyone. Boomer says he's buying!
I'm not for sure if you mean Snowbird Dave or not. But like his name insinuates, he is down there with Road Runner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
Darn fellas, getting our taxes figured on Saturday. Darned IRS anyway.

Another time,
Dan
Mine is the next Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettesherps View Post
What is heated gear???
I'll have to show you sometime. Being an alien you wouldn't understand. George, I have had two snows so far this winter and neither one has completely covered the grass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybob View Post
Boomer, your not supposed to tell everything you know.
and she didn't say no.,,,,
well I haven't ask her yet.
I totally understand Ray. Sometimes it gets lonely under the bus and I like to pull someone under with me. You know that is where Bob always tries to throw me. That is if I don't get him first.
bullet bob and one like this.

Darkside #1255
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Leader of the first Darkside Ride-in
Boomer1832cc is offline  
 
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettesherps View Post
What is heated gear???
George, that is what some of the less 'manly-men' wear around here when the temps drop to below 50* (heated gloves excluded)

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter
bullet bob is offline  
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
Posts: 1,614
And the 'Dave' I was referring to was Murgie. I knew SnowbirdDave was basking in the Florida sun.

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter
bullet bob is offline  
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Crazy Northerner
 
vettesherps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oshkosh, Wi
Posts: 7,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet bob View Post
George, that is what some of the less 'manly-men' wear around here when the temps drop to below 50* (heated gloves excluded)
You know I was reading something the other day and was amazed that they are now building some motorcycles with heated seats and hand grips. I am thinking it is just a passing fad and won't last. The next ting you know some engineer will come up with a way to put a foot warmer on the darn bike. May just as well buy a car then. I suppose you could still be a Darksider by putting a 4 bike tires all around on it.
Boomer1832cc likes this.


GL1800riders.com WI Board's Toughest Riders (Charter Member).
Real Riders Ride Year Round. Cold is only a state of mind, but snow
sucks. Charter member of the "I Hate Snow" club.


Darksider #1025
Wisconsin Patriot Guard #188329
vettesherps is offline  
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 08:19 AM
DSI Keeper
 
Murgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 8,587
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet bob View Post
Hey Boomer, I understand about "if mamma ain't happy"; I was giving you a hard time about using a little cool weather to possibly back out. And you, with heated gear...... Also, Dave, think you might make this one? Be good to see you again. And Dan....and....and....and......Hate to start listing names because I'll miss someone and don't want to do that. Fire up that heated gear everyone. Boomer says he's buying!
Suppose to be 15 here Saturday. We will see...
bullet bob likes this.



'14 GL1800 Red
Keeper of the DSI numbers
http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt

FAQ (work in progress)
Murgie is offline  
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Seasoned Member
 
Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 1,961
Garage
Yah know Bob.....I also want to add that you Ohio guys are a tough bunch. When looking thru the entire board I see that the only other state having a RTE this weekend is Florida. You Ohio riders are second fiddle to no one as true motorcyclists/riders. Wish I could be there but or tax lady has no other spots available.

Atta boys,
Dan
Boomer1832cc likes this.

2007 Dark Blue
Traxxion Mega Monty
IBA 54656

Hoosier Daddy is offline  
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
Yah know Bob.....I also want to add that you Ohio guys are a tough bunch. When looking thru the entire board I see that the only other state having a RTE this weekend is Florida. You Ohio riders are second fiddle to no one as true motorcyclists/riders. Wish I could be there but or tax lady has no other spots available.

Atta boys,
Dan
Thank you Dan but you too can include yourself in with tough riders. If I remember right, you've already ridden a good distance for one of your RTE'S this year. But ya know, once 'ole Rail sees this, we're going hear just how much tougher WI riders are, colder, farther, ice, snow, etc. We'll see how much longer this post lasts, 'cause ya know Rail's chompin' at the bit right now.

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter
bullet bob is offline  
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Seasoned Member
 
Boomer1832cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
Yah know Bob.....I also want to add that you Ohio guys are a tough bunch. When looking thru the entire board I see that the only other state having a RTE this weekend is Florida. You Ohio riders are second fiddle to no one as true motorcyclists/riders. Wish I could be there but or tax lady has no other spots available.

Atta boys,
Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet bob View Post
Thank you Dan but you too can include yourself in with tough riders. If I remember right, you've already ridden a good distance for one of your RTE'S this year. But ya know, once 'ole Rail sees this, we're going hear just how much tougher WI riders are, colder, farther, ice, snow, etc. We'll see how much longer this post lasts, 'cause ya know Rail's chompin' at the bit right now.
I agree with you 100% Bob. We do consider Dan an honorary Buckeye! He is definitely one of the gang.

Here let me speed this up Bob! @vettesherps @Rail32 That will send them a mentioned notification.

Darkside #1255
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Leader of the first Darkside Ride-in
Boomer1832cc is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome