Due to lack of participation - GL1800Riders
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Rail's biggest fan

Due to lack of participation

Due to lack of participation this will be my last post on the Ohio Board. I started a couple years ago trying to pump it up and get a bunch to post. But there has been very little participation so I am giving up. I want to give my thanks to a few that were regulars here for trying to help. But to no avail, so I am officially giving up. I may look in every great once in awhile and maybe show up at one or two RTE's a year. So, I wish y'all the best of luck.
Tom aka Boomer

Darkside #1255
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Leader of the first Darkside Ride-in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I just got back into serious riding in 2012. I had an M109 Suzuki. Any group ride I've been involved in starts out hot and heavy, then ends up with 4 or 5 tops....most times. One ride last year in PA with the F6B guys and gals, we had about 13 or 14. Very rare. It's the nature of the beast. I'm a single guy and can go to most all I say I will. It's not that easy for people who have a life

I guess my point is, I feel your pain, it's not just Ohio. You must love to ride and it's disappointing when things don't happen.

"Life is tough...but it's tougher when you're stupid"
Credit John Wayne
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
As an add on...it's been raining and snowing all day here, wind whipping around 20mph. We have another PA ride scheduled for tomorrow. I'm sitting here looking outside every half hour for things to improve so I can make it. It's a 4 hour hike for me, it'll be 32 at 5:30 am when I have to leave, and I don't have heated gear. I can't wait, and I'll be ticked off if I can't make it.

"Life is tough...but it's tougher when you're stupid"
Credit John Wayne

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1832cc View Post
Due to lack of participation this will be my last post on the Ohio Board. I started a couple years ago trying to pump it up and get a bunch to post. But there has been very little participation so I am giving up. I want to give my thanks to a few that were regulars here for trying to help. But to no avail, so I am officially giving up. I may look in every great once in awhile and maybe show up at one or two RTE's a year. So, I wish y'all the best of luck.
Tom aka Boomer
Can you say "April Fools"
Our are you just trying to get out of buying me that piece of peanut butter pie,
roadrunner1800 and one like this.

49 States on a
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SCRC
2010 Wing
Darkside #421
Prowler #134
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1832cc View Post
Tom aka Boomer

As they might say in Texas...."you can drive them durn thirsty cows down to the watering hole, but you can't make them drink".

How's that for my made up saying.... from someone who's never set foot on hallowed Texas land.... to illustrate Boomer's point. @Yoda; @Glockjock; @Ironhorse1800

Edit: here I thought Boomer was serious and fell for the Aprils Fool joke. Geeze.

Allen
kc8cta likes this.

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor

Last edited by roadrunner1800; 04-02-2017 at 03:39 PM.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Seasoned Member

Just go "along "with him. When he posts dont respond

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Rail's biggest fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybob View Post
Can you say "April Fools"
Our are you just trying to get out of buying me that piece of peanut butter pie,
WINNER WINNER Yes, yesterday was April 1ST. I thought Ray might have said I was just trying to get out of buying the piece of pie I owe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLEJOHN View Post
Just go "along "with him. When he posts dont respond
I'll see you at the DSRI.

Darkside #1255
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Exclamation A bit late

What would have been much funnier is if I would have caught this and banned him quickly so he could not get back on
I know it's mean , but funny non the less.
You keep going Boomer someday Ohio will be as cool as Wi . ( doubt it , but I am trying to make ya feel good in front of your buddies )

All my love
Rail

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
Where's Rail now??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ahHnkalxai42Hi
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Seasoned Member

Oh boy, getting banned as a joke. That would be a hoot. So many of us know just how funny that can be.

2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2008 Honda Goldwing ABS
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Rail's biggest fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing-renter View Post
Oh boy, getting banned as a joke. That would be a hoot. So many of us know just how funny that can be.
That's alright. I'm a lot bigger than he is and I know where he lives. It wouldn't be the first time I have made a surprise visit to his house. Besides I've been working out and it won't be much longer and I will be bench pressing twice his weight. Or!!! I know people in higher places than him. I could just go over his head.

Darkside #1255

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page