Ohio 3RD Annual RTE-Swap Meet thoughts - GL1800Riders
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Ohio 3RD Annual RTE-Swap Meet thoughts

Honestly....I almost decided not to mess with it this year. Two main reasons. 1 I did this to increase traffic on the Ohio Board. It helped a little, but things have dropped off. 2 I have always had it in Columbus to be closer to the middle of the state. It is about a hundred miles for me to Columbus. This is not a problem to go to a RTE. It is just hard to set it up that far from home.

I have a few thoughts.

Option #1 We could have it in Portsmouth Ohio, with lunch being at the Scioto Ribber. But!!!! We should eat as soon as they open at 11 AM. Because some Saturdays they fill up in the first 1/2 to 1 hour. Then it could be an hour or more just to get a table for a few people.

Option #2 Let someone else set it up in a more central location.

Option #3 Make a floating RTE to be held by some different each year in their area.

Option #4 Forget about it altogether.

Again I remind everyone.....If it goes, it is set up to get Wingers to come together. If you want to sell something and ship it that is OK. JUST PLEASE DO IT ON A DIFFERENT THREAD. If you want to make sure there is an interest in your item or pre-sell and deliver at the meet....That will be OK. The whole idea is to come and meet everyone.

If it is in this area. If weather permitting, I may be able lead a ride the day after or the day before through the hills in the area. "But I do not ride as fast as I did a few years ago"

Let's hear everyone's thoughts.....Someone may have a great idea.

Darkside #1255
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Leader of the first Darkside Ride-in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Seasoned Member

I nominate Boomer. Don't care where we have it, don't care when, don't care why, just need an excuse to go eat somewhere. Do I have a second?
kc8cta likes this.

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I will second Bob's nomination.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Andy
2004 Flare Red
Darksider #1303
Tennessee Traveler #102
"Double Dark side"
Bridgestone Drive Guard
Bridgestone BT45

.................................................. ........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet bob View Post
I nominate Boomer. Don't care where we have it, don't care when, don't care why, just need an excuse to go eat somewhere. Do I have a second?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8cta View Post
I will second Bob's nomination.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I would like to hear from the guys that live farther north. The guys coming from out of state, it doesn't matter. Most of them usually make the Ribber part of their plans. How about guys like 3D, ED_S, Snow Bird Dave, J1000, and others?

I believe we had a little less than 40 last year. I hope to keep the numbers up.
@bullet bob @kc8cta I forgot! thanks for your response. I do want to hear from everyone.

Darkside #1255

Last edited by Boomer1832cc; 04-06-2017 at 04:34 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Member

I got nothing to swap, and don't really need anything. I might come just to hang out and shoot the breeze with people, though.

If you want Ohioans, Columbus or central Ohio is good. From my driveway up here in the NE corner of Ohio, the Dairy Queen on S. State St in Westerville is about 170 miles and 2 hours 41 minutes of travel time, on the slab, according to Garmin's MapSource program.

From my place to The Ribber is 270 miles and 4 hours and 28 minutes, on the slab.

Off the slab, on the fun roads, who knows how long it might take?

Last year the date you guys picked hit me wrong - my wife and I were out of the country on vacation. We aren't doing that this year, so chances are better that I'll come.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Seasoned Member

Columbus is about my limit for a RTE. Going to Portsmouth puts me on a thirteen hour day. Not that you guys aren't worth it, but........

-------------------------------------------Ludicrous Speed----GO-------------------Dark Helmit
Harvey
DS #30
Triple DS

Forget the health foods.....I need all the preservatives I can get
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 11:50 PM

I'm in SE Ohio and would like auto attend. Would bring my friend and his Goldwing along for the ride.
2 questions:
1- when is it ?
2 - what is a 'rte'?
Rick in Ohio

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Most important things: Family and Church
Current rides:
Pitts S1S
F1 Rocket
RV7
'06 Yamaha R1
'06 Ironhorse Lone Star Chopper
'08 Goldwing Level 3
South East Ohio

Last edited by Rocktman; 04-06-2017 at 11:54 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 12:16 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktman View Post
I'm in SE Ohio and would like auto attend. Would bring my friend and his Goldwing along for the ride.
2 questions:
1- when is it ?
2 - what is a 'rte'?
Rick in Ohio
Hey Rick,
When and where we don't know yet, that's what were trying to decide.
A "rte" is a Ride To Eat, something most wingers to pretty well.
Hope to see you there

49 States on a
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SCRC
2010 Wing
Darkside #421
Prowler #134
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktman View Post
2 questions:
1- when is it ?
2 - what is a 'rte'?
Rick in Ohio
Welcome to the Ohio Board. I don't remember seeing you here before. (but my memory is sometimes not very good) I believe Ray answered your questions. I would like to also add that everyone is welcome at our RTE's and they don't have to be on a Goldwing. It has been raining a lot so we have not had as many as usual. Anyone can set a RTE up. If you have a favorite place or some place new you would like to try. Just post it here and most usually there will be a few or a bunch show up. Some RTE's there may only be three show and others there may be a dozen. The RTE-Swap Meet had something like about 25 the first year and around 37 the second year. You don't have to have anything to sell to attend the swap. Some just come to join in the camaraderie. Who knows you could find something new for you Wing too.

Darkside #1255
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 04:31 AM
Seasoned Member

Hey Boomer,
I look forward to attending depending on the date. I don't really care about the swap meet part but I always like to eat and meet new riders.
Boomer1832cc likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page