GL1800Riders Forums banner

Differences - any comments on this?

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Bullet Bob 
#1 ·
Differences :confused: - any comments on this?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is . . .
genius has its limits.
" ~Albert Einstein

Thinking about people who ride without proper gear...

ya don't have to be a genius - but wearing proper gear is a far cry from stupidity.

While in Florida I kept seeing people riding in shorts... I guess it is too chilly yet to see it in Ohio just yet!

Stupidity has no limits... >:) This guy was not in shorts but there is some other explanation for this photo.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I figured he didn't like his tats any more and was trying to grind them off.

He's also in for some fun with that foot - see how purple it is? I'm thinking he's going to be limping for a while.

As for Ohio being too chilly - that depends on what day it happens to be. Tomorrow, for instance, it's supposed to snow - wet, heavy, accumulating snow. This morning I took the dog outside and I didn't need a coat - my T-shirt was enough. It's been getting colder all day. But Saturday, it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50s. And warmer next week. It's not uncommon to see guys wearing short pants and a winter weight coat. (It's not uncommon to see me shake my head and wonder what the heck is wrong with them, too!)

But shorts and flip-flops is the Goldwing Riders' uniform in the summer, isn't it?

#9 ·

Sorry folks --- The photo was there when I posted it... what's going on?

Rail... did you delete it?

Here goes again with this...

Tennis shoes don't stay on in an accident... neither does much else!

Anyway, somehow the photo was deleted and when I logged back on and noticed the photo was missing, I posted the motivational poster above!

#11 ·
I am saying the right amount of gear for personal protection is what the most cautious riders want to not look like the guy in the photo...

I can actually say that I have ridden about 200 feet without a helmet... taking the Wing off of the trailer when I came back from Florida, I backed the bike off the trailer and with my garage door open - I rode from across the street into my garage. Oh - and I did it without my boots (had regular shoes on) - I also thought if I crashed, I had my 2 sons there to scrape me off the hill.

Now in 1954, when I started riding at 15 years old, all I had was boots, a Harley cap and long sleeves...

That was it for the day... :grin2:

Reactions: one
#12 ·
Just about all my "acquaintances"...I can't call them "friends" anymore for obvious reasons...universally think I'm stupid to ride anything with two wheels at all.

Stupid is as stupid does (Forrest Gump...President of Bubba-Gump Shrimp)

#19 ·
I saw this and didn't post because I am not a poster-child for ATGATT. I only started wearing a riding jacket a few years ago but have always wore a helmet. ATGATT is a risk management thing. Some people will ride at different risk levels. Others choose not to ride a MC because of the risk, and say anyone that rides one is crazy. :shrug: We face a risk every day when we we get out of bed. It's all depends on what is acceptable to you. :wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.