Good Friday RTE - Page 7 - GL1800Riders
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 09:01 PM
DSI Keeper

Garage
What a nice turnout! If I wasn't out earning kitchen points (taking wife to flea markets) for my ride to Boone NC, I would have been there.

'14 GL1800 Red
Keeper of the DSI numbers
http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt

FAQ (work in progress)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:29 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgie View Post
What a nice turnout! If I wasn't out earning kitchen points (taking wife to flea markets) for my ride to Boone NC, I would have been there.
That would have been great Dave if you could have come. I believe you would have been the rider that had traveled the farthest to get there. It looks to be 4 1/2 hours and 278 miles each way for you. There were three states represented KY IN OH. I believe this may be the first time I have seen more than one IN guy at a RTE at the same time.

Darkside #1255
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Leader of the first Darkside Ride-in
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Seasoned Member

Great Day!

Thanks Dan for sitting this up! It was good to see a great bunch of guys and be able to compare ideas and get help on things. Lots of good knowledge in this bunch!

Bummer I didn't get my country ham bought on the way home. It was going to be out of the way and I didn't want to inconvenience the guys riding with me.

Funny note....

The riding "bunch" was working a CB problem and I asked raybob if I could call him to see if the problem was on my bike. So we are off and riding down the road and I call raybob a couple of times and get no response. "Hey raybob, where are you? Come in raybob?!' Nothing but silence. Then the very dim bulb in my head started to flicker (dimly) and I realize I don't have my ear buds plugged in and put in my ears. So one more call to raybob, "raybob I can't hear you but I forgot to put my ear buds in, don't run off the road laughing!!!" He was hearing me the whole time!!!

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1832cc View Post
Hey @Hoosier Daddy What was the score???

14 total ?
IN ?#
KY ?#
OH ?#

Which state was represented with the most people?
Think in the end there were 4 Hoosiers, 4 Kentuckians and the rest were Buckeyes. Boomer, we had you outnumbered early on until Ronnie showed up with his crew that sent the tide in your favor Yes, that was the best Hoosier showing for any rte I've been to.

Thanks to Russ for riding down with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw2210 View Post
Thanks Dan for sitting this up! It was good to see a great bunch of guys and be able to compare ideas and get help on things. Lots of good knowledge in this bunch!

Funny note....

The riding "bunch" was working a CB problem and I asked raybob if I could call him to see if the problem was on my bike. So we are off and riding down the road and I call raybob a couple of times and get no response. "Hey raybob, where are you? Come in raybob?!' Nothing but silence. Then the very dim bulb in my head started to flicker (dimly) and I realize I don't have my ear buds plugged in and put in my ears. So one more call to raybob, "raybob I can't hear you but I forgot to put my ear buds in, don't run off the road laughing!!!" He was hearing me the whole time!!!
Ronnie, I read your story during the Grandson's soccer game this morning. Made me chuckle out loud

Again, was just an all around great day. My favorite part (besides the peanut butter pie) was after lunch checking out all the bikes, the mods made to the bikes and chatting with everyone in the parking lot. That's why we ride hundreds of miles to meet for lunch isn't it.

I do regret having to leave before getting a chance to talk to Rick (Hondahawk) about his Tailwind trailer but I told Momma I'd be home in time to take her out for supper so had to get going. Hopefully I'll see Rick at another rte.

Dan
Hondahawk likes this.

2007 Dark Blue
Traxxion Mega Monty
IBA 54656

Last edited by Hoosier Daddy; 04-15-2017 at 11:28 AM.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Great RTE

Back into Indianapolis at about 7 o'clock last night, clocked about 410 miles. Nice to meet a lot of new people, and put some faces to names.

I got to wandering around after Dan had to head for the barn. I would highly recommend Highway 22 just east of 75 right outside of Williamstown Ky. all the way to Highway 10. If there's a better stretch of road in that area someone please clue me into it. The only strike against this section of road that I could see, was that there wasn't an ice cream stop on it. Safe travels all, until we meet again. Russ. PS. A special thanks to Dan for keeping me in the loop.
Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Theres no fool like a old fool

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page