GL1800Riders Forums banner

Father and Son ride to the Talihina Scenic Drive

815 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Frank Parker 
#1 ·
Day one: Left out on my ride to the Talihina Scenic Drive in Oklahoma. Left Pearland around 8:30 am with a quick stop at the Tax office to get the trailer tags. Headed up 288 and to 59 north and connected with 610 loop and down the Hardy Toll road onto interstate 45 north. Some hours later arrived at my Sister-in-law’s house in Mineola. End of day one.
Reflection of Day 1: The sun was out and the sky was blue.
Day Two: Started at 8:00 am rode up the Sonic in Mineola to meet up with my son, his wife and their two friends. My son was late as usual and we finally started out around 9:00 am. Headed up 37 north through Winnsboro, Mt Verrnon and Clarksville crossed over the Red River and connected with 98 north to pick-up 3 West around to Antlers where we got onto 271 North to the Talimena Drive. Road the 40 miles the mountains and stopped at a newly remodeled lodge. Left there to head down to Mena to a motel, shower, and dinner.
Reflection of Day 2: It was a beautiful day for riding. It was warm and the sky was clear.

Day Three: Left the motel around 8:30 and headed down to McDonalds for breakfast. Headed south on 71 and connected to 4 West to 259 South thru Broken Bow and picked up 70 Bypass back over to 37 South and back to Mineola to attend a party for my wife’s mothers 85th birthday . Left with my granddaughter on the back around 3:00 pm and started down 69 South to Tyler, around to 323 loop and picked up 155 South to Palestine. Went around the loop and took 19 South to Huntsville to 45 South into Pearland.
Reflection of Day 3: The day started out beautiful. Was just a little worried about the drive back into Pearland due to rain.
Total miles for the trip 1112

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice report, sound like you had a good time.

The next time your in the area, if you have not done so in the past, you might consider from Antlers going over to Honobia then up to Talihina.
The run between Honobia to Talihina is short but a fantastic road.
There is a quaint General Store in Honobia that has a grill that is pretty good; it makes a great stopping point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.