Glockjock RTE April 29, 2017 - Page 28 - GL1800Riders
 365Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Should I assume what we see in photo #3 came directly from what we see in photo #2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, they were related, but no. Of the 8 strays, 4 will drop calves soon. I wonder if a dozen cows would be enough to cover Glen's meat order for next year's get-together?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironhorse1800, Hoss
2004 VTX1800N3 Red, Darkside Goodyear Assurance Tripletred 205/60/R16
2008 GL1800 ABS/NAV Red, Darkside #1273
[B]Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 / [COLOR=#000000]Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse1800 View Post
As always, a great time with friends, new and old.

Both, my door prize and my special gift from Glenn will be put to good use. Thanks to all of Glenn's great family and friends that made it happen - again!

You know you are among friends when you can just lean this up against your bike while you eat!

Lol.... Glen was starting the door prize raffles and you had to be present to win. I didn't have time to break it down and put in the trunk. (I don't have a man purse...err...trailer, yet)

As you said....I knew I was amongst friends.
Hondahawk likes this.

Current Stable:
2016 KTM Super Duke GT
2015 Honda Grom
2015 Yamaha FZ-09
2013 Honda GL1800 ABS
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Track)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Track)

post #273 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelNut View Post
Lol.... Glen was starting the door prize raffles and you had to be present to win. I didn't have time to break it down and put in the trunk. (I don't have a man purse...err...trailer, yet)

As you said....I knew I was amongst friends.

There were so many donated door prices that they had to put all the tickets back in the pot and go a second round. It was like family Christmas in spring time.

And, after the blessing of the food somebody said, "Amen. Pass the ammo." Ha! Good times at Glen's for sure.

I was grinning ear to ear and munching some some great (pilfered) chocolate cookies all the way home.

Ironhorse1800, Hoss
2004 VTX1800N3 Red, Darkside Goodyear Assurance Tripletred 205/60/R16
2008 GL1800 ABS/NAV Red, Darkside #1273
[B]Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 / [COLOR=#000000]Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

post #274 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Seasoned Member

GOT HOME AFTER 11 LAST NITE NO RAIN IN FLORIDA REST OF WAY. WENT DOWN TO CLEARWATER THEN ACROSS HOME. NEED TO THANK JERRY - SNCOB ? FOR FIXING MY NOT WORKING BRAKE LITES ( TOOK OUT BULBS - CHECKED STOCK ONES - PUT LEDS BACK IN AND WORKED FINE ) GUESS HE HAS "THE TOUCH "
Ratster likes this.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #275 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLEJOHN View Post
GOT HOME AFTER 11 LAST NITE NO RAIN IN FLORIDA REST OF WAY. WENT DOWN TO CLEARWATER THEN ACROSS HOME. NEED TO THANK JERRY - SNCOB ? FOR FIXING MY NOT WORKING BRAKE LITES ( TOOK OUT BULBS - CHECKED STOCK ONES - PUT LEDS BACK IN AND WORKED FINE ) GUESS HE HAS "THE TOUCH "
You're not the first person to mention that he is a little touched, LOL

Ride Safe,
Jeff
cycledude, Glockjock, Yoda and 1 others like this.

on my fourth career, my second childhood, and my last bike
Probationary member of the Texas Man-Purse Mafia

You can't lift yourself up by putting someone else down.
"Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."
D. King

07, Level 3, Metallic Black
Traxxion Mega Monte
DS #1365
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS 195/55/16 35 psi, +3oz Dynabeads, Doran TPMS
G709 38 psi, +2oz Dynabeads
MBL risers, Russell Day Long Seat

post #276 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Seasoned Member

Got home Monday about 5:30 pm, followed Jammer and Mr Machine for twelve days 4881 smiles, was Snowing and raining like crazy when I rode through Minneapolis ! The truck drivers were talking on CB about some crazy fool riding a motorcycle !

Thanks for the great party Glockjock and everyone that was lucky enough to attend !!! I was very impressed with all the great helpful folks that attended !!! All the guns, trailers and the very cool dog rescue just added to the greatness of the entire event !!!

And then there's Tom Finch, man that 82 year old dude does the smoothest u turns pulling a trailer with a two wheel motorcycle I've ever seen !

ehcycledude@yahoo.com
02 GL1800 yellow 475,000 smiles
Rode my bike to Trailer Week
2013 Yamaha Tenere
post #277 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Another one in the books! I am thrilled to have many friends who ride so far and make the time/energy commitment to come to brave the weather chances in Southeast Texas. We had rain again, and quite a few people rode in torrential downpours to and from this RTE, but eventually we had about 80 attendees from 11 states. We had riders from Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

I don't have to really plan anything for this event. The riders take care of that themselves. This Ride to Eat is like "Field of Dreams" in that I just announce it, and they will come. People provide their own entertainment, except that Roger-Yoda is our after-dinner stand-up comedian. The gun range is a big draw. I nailed together a bunch of target stands and they were shot to pieces by .22, .380, 9mm, 38 Special, .357 Mag, .40, .44 Mag, .45, .454 Casul, 5.56 mm, and I don't what else. I can probably retire again by selling the brass from my range.

Jerry Wells did some maintenance on a few bikes. He installed a voltmeter on mine and a few others, and I believe he checked swing arm bearings on a couple of bikes. Marvin and Cheryl were the Friday night hosts, feeding the masses with delicious beef, chicken, and sausage tacos. I cannot say enough about the Wild Turkey and Cheryl, for they are some of the finest people I know.

BigJammer, Mr. Machine, and Cycledude (Jim, Gary, and Mike) from Wisconsin were the first to arrive Monday evening. They stopped by here on their way to Tom Finch's to pick up Jammer's new Tailwind. They left for parts unknown, and returned Friday. In the meantime Ssncob arrived Friday and installed a voltmeter, then others showed up, then pretty soon my yard looked like a Honda dealer.

I had a lot of help getting the meals set up Saturday morning. The heavy rains slowed us a little bit, but ssncob was trying to shield the turkey fryer. It all worked out, and we eventually gave the benediction shortly after Noon and got the serving line started. As someone said, it has become a tradition to have someone empty a magazine to emphasize the Amen! LOL!!

After dinner we had the door prize drawings. SO MANY people bought door prizes that I believe that everybody got a stage call. I later found some that I forgot. Jeff Head (3 Eagles) had bought some high-intensity LED flashlights as door prizes, and I found them sitting where I had put them for safe-keeping. My apologies Jeff!

We then turned the microphone over to Yoda. He lived both up to my expectations, and down to Joan's fears!! My hat is off to a man who can entertain like Roger.

On a side note, the whole group made enough of an impression to make one lady buy a motorcycle. I had told my friend Robin about this group and invited her to attend. She came both Friday and Saturday, and was so impressed by you people that she just bought a used Shadow 1100!

When all was said and done, Louie Graham came to me with an envelope. Once again, someone (in the past it has been Roger's wife Joan) set out a donation jar and collected money to help defray my expenses. Thank you so much. This RTE will be hard to beat. If I do this again I will have to rethink my strategy. I am so humbled by the friendships we have formed that I look forward to this event every year. I hope I can do this again. You people mean more to me than I can ever say!

Thanks for the memories!
Glen

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Glockjock

2006 Titanium GL 1800, ABS
2008 Tailwind trailer
IBA #33072
Darksider #163
Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy Member #1
RAT PACK 2013

I ride too fast, too far, and too often to ride anything but a Goldwing rolling on a car tire pulling a Tailwind trailer because friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

post #278 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 06:06 PM
Seasoned Member

Thanks again GlockJock Glen. Just going through some photos and reminiscing about the event and my wife sent me one. Me and Duckster both taking pictures when it was pouring. We had a great time and you put on a terrific time.

Glockjock likes this.

2012 Level 2
Michelin ZP rear tire
Centramatics, Traxxion AK20s and Triple Tree WindBender w/rake
Hannigan GL Trailer
2016 Rollahome Camper
post #279 of 279 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbalzer View Post
Thanks again GlockJock Glen. Just going through some photos and reminiscing about the event and my wife sent me one. Me and Duckster both taking pictures when it was pouring. We had a great time and you put on a terrific time.

I am the one with the short hair.... ;=)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
bbalzer likes this.

Michelin Primacy
Bridgestone G709
Darkside #1000
IBA# 63478

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page