Seasoned Member

A little late with the post, but you know I'll be there, Glen
Really looking forward to it

Ride Safe,
Jeff
Glockjock and Walrus like this.

on my fourth career, my second childhood, and my last bike
Probationary member of the Texas Man-Purse Mafia

You can't lift yourself up by putting someone else down.
"Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."
D. King

07, Level 3, Metallic Black
Traxxion Mega Monte
DS #1365
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS 195/55/16 35 psi, +3oz Dynabeads, Doran TPMS
G709 38 psi, +2oz Dynabeads
MBL risers, Russell Day Long Seat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Seasoned Member

Chatted with Glen a little bit ago, mentioned that I was bringing a voltmeter for his bike. Got to talking, and I'm going to bring a couple more with me - maybe do an install as a door prize or retirement account helper-outer . And at the risk of embarrassing myself in front of waaaay more knowledgeable wrench turners like Fred - I'm also going to bring the tools necessary to check rear swing arm bearing torque for those who desire it checked/adjusted.

Still not sure iffin I'm going to need to bring an "alternative tire" for @Boomer1832cc .
Boomer1832cc and speckfisher like this.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #63 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Glen,
I will try and find Dam B. Please order some warm weather if possible.

Rick

Ride Safe

Rick
2013 Silver Tailwind XTc (awesome)
2005 30th Aniversary Silver GL1800
2008 Silver Bushtec Quantum GL (sold contrary to Z's post)
1981 New Candy Burgundy GL1100
1975 New Red GL1000 (stolen in 1978 )
1972 CB450 (sold)
1970 CB100 (sold)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #64 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssncob View Post
Chatted with Glen a little bit ago, mentioned that I was bringing a voltmeter for his bike. Got to talking, and I'm going to bring a couple more with me - maybe do an install as a door prize or retirement account helper-outer . And at the risk of embarrassing myself in front of waaaay more knowledgeable wrench turners like Fred - I'm also going to bring the tools necessary to check rear swing arm bearing torque for those who desire it checked/adjusted.

Still not sure iffin I'm going to need to bring an "alternative tire" for @Boomer1832cc .
I sure wish I would have waited and let you top off my rear shock actuator. Maybe change my air filter. Should have waited to replace final drive to...hummmm what else do I need done before my big June/July ride???
Glockjock and speckfisher like this.

2012 Level 2
Michelin ZP rear tire
Centramatics, Traxxion AK20s and Triple Tree WindBender w/rake
Hannigan GL Trailer
2016 Rollahome Camper
post #65 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:47 AM
Seasoned Member

JUST BRING A BIG BOTTLE OF "SLIME " FOR BOOMER......HE'LL NEVER KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ! JUST TELL HIM IT'S A TRUE " WONKY TIRE "
Boomer1832cc and speckfisher like this.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #66 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 04:14 AM
Rail's biggest fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLEJOHN View Post
JUST BRING A BIG BOTTLE OF "SLIME " FOR BOOMER......HE'LL NEVER KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ! JUST TELL HIM IT'S A TRUE " WONKY TIRE "

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssncob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbalzer View Post
I sure wish I would have waited and let you top off my rear shock actuator. Maybe change my air filter. Should have waited to replace final drive to...hummmm what else do I need done before my big June/July ride???
The heck with warm weather! Texas in April has to be good. As long as it is above freezing I'm good. I don't like ice on the road. I just hope it is not too wet. That is most likely to stop me. I don't mind a little rain. But I don't want caught in a monsoon like they get sometimes in the spring.

OH, I think my roomy is going to back out on me. If he does, I will be looking for a new one to help offset the cost of the motel. I haven't made reservations yet. But I have done the most important thing......It's been OKed my mamma. Or as I like to say: approved by upper management. She is a wonderful woman to put up with me...today it is 43 years. I don't know how many women would still work and let her husband travel on his bike.

Darkside #1255
Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS
Leader of the first Darkside Ride-in
As I can not change the writing in my Avatar, It was changed by a rogue moderator I would like to note here that I am the #1 Rail hater.
post #67 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Seasoned Member

BOOMER CONGRATS.!!THATS A LONG TIME
speckfisher likes this.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #68 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Seasoned Member

I've only got 41 years - of course - being gone for a lot of it with the military probably helped (absence makes the heart grow fonder ).
speckfisher likes this.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #69 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Seasoned Member

I will hit 46 years this October, you guys are still on your honeymoon. LOL
speckfisher likes this.
post #70 of 279 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post
I will hit 46 years this October, you guys are still on your honeymoon. LOL
She is a wonderful woman to put up with me...today it is 43 years. I don't know how many women would still work and let her husband travel on his bike.

Me and Marvin can identify with that statement . Joan and I will celebrate our 49th anniversary this year. As I have said before , the secret for our long marriage is this : Before I ever get out of bed in the morning , the very first thing I do is look her in the eye and raise my hands toward the ceiling in a I give up gesture and sincerely say these four things : " It's my fault , You are right , I'm sorry , I love you . Makes the day go good and she is a happy camper.

"On many long journeys have I gone. And waited , too , for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return ; some are broken ;some come back so different only their names remain"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page