Glockjock RTE April 29, 2017 - GL1800Riders
 108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Glockjock RTE April 29, 2017

I want to give lots of notice about the RTE so I’m posting now that it will be on Saturday April 29 rain or shine. By now most of you know that the main meal will be on Saturday about noon, but the festivities will start Friday afternoon for many.

Directions

My GPS coordinates are 30.867172,-94.247118 and my address is 1690 CR 3650, Colmesneil, TX. I'm located at the intersection of County Road 3650 and FM 92 just north of Dam B. To find it, look up the towns of Jasper and Woodville in Southeast Texas. Notice that Highway 190 runs east and west between these two towns. About halfway between Jasper and Woodville (about a mile west of Stienhagen Lake) on Highway 190 you'll see FM 92 from the South intersecting Highway 190. This intersection, marked by a flashing caution light and an Exxon convenience store, is the thriving metropolis of Dam B. Now, continue north across 190 on FM 92 for 1.75 miles and you'll find CR 3650 intersecting FM 92. I live on the southwest corner of that intersection. You'll know my place by the big white barn and garage, and the gunfire and banjo music. My telephone number is 409-728-0097 just in case.

I have lots of room for camping, but if there is any interest I’ll make sure we have a couple of campsites available at the nearby Magnolia Ridge COE park for those clean freaks who like hot showers and running water. I will also get a deal at the Best Western and the Holiday Inn in Jasper. They usually give us 10% discounts. FYI, TXDot is doing construction work on the bridge over Stienhagen Lake on SH 190 between my home and Jasper, so there may be a short delay.

The Friday night shindigs are rapidly taking over as the main reason to come to this RTE. Marvin and GLKeith showcase their talents on the grills and cook up veritable feasts. Somebody usually tries out the stripper pole, but this year I hope it is a female instead of MisterK again. I’m counting on Roger’s (Yoda) talents as an entertainer, and I recently discovered that Fast Eddie Hendry is a sensational singer, and he will work for beer.
For those who survive Friday night I’ll have coffee ready about 7:00 AM, at which time I hope to be in high gear preparing to ring the dinner bell about 11:30 or so. I promise that I won’t run short of food this year. I plan to serve at least brisket, pulled pork, pork loin, links, boudin, baked beans, and potato salad. I’m sure my wife and sister will add a few more goodies.

We’ll have tea, soft drinks, and bottled water, but BYOB. BTW, just for information you can buy beer and wine in nearby Jasper and Woodville, but the closest liquor is about 25 miles away in neighboring counties.

We’ll round up a few door prizes as a drawing card, but the main drawing card is all you riders. This event allows people to visit, swap lies, and eyeball farkels with bikes and riders from all over the country. The shooting range is also open to those who like the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

I’ll fill in details later, but this will serve the purpose of getting the ball rolling. I’d like to have this as the only thread about the RTE, so please post in this thread if you’re interested in coming.

Hope to see you soon,

Glen
dumenace likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Glockjock

2006 Titanium GL 1800, ABS
2008 Tailwind trailer
IBA #33072
Darksider #163
Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy Member #1
RAT PACK 2013

I ride too fast, too far, and too often to ride anything but a Goldwing rolling on a car tire pulling a Tailwind trailer because friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

Last edited by Glockjock; 01-06-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Glen,

I have it marked on my calendar, looking forward to it, but will RSVP when my travel Deity grants dispensation.

gramps

Glockjock likes this.

Troy, Michigan 2007 Goldwing
IBA 45141
BBG X5
SS2000 Gold

Mile Eater Bronze, Silver, and Gold
post #3 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Seasoned Member

PLAN ON BEING THERE AGAIN. GREAT TIME/PEOPLE/FOOD AND GUN RANGE. GOT BETTER GAS MILEAGE ON WAY HOME. = LESS LEAD.
FireEater likes this.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT

post #4 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Ida and I will be there wouldn't want to miss it, be there on Friday afternoon as always.

Dark Blue 09 audio/comfort
Darksider #828
Driveguard RF

post #5 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I've wanted to make your event for several years now as I've never been before. Hopefully the stars will align for me this year. Exactly 1,013 miles from my house to yours so think I will do a SS on the way down. May bring a pistol or two too.

Dan
Glockjock and Hondahawk like this.

2007 Dark Blue
Traxxion Mega Monty
IBA 54656

post #6 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Seasoned Member

I will see you on Friday Glen. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2003 Silver GL1800A
post #7 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Count on the family again (4)

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

2009 Honda Goldwing ABS
Darkside #1209
LIMNCS #153
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

post #8 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Tentatively planning on coming. Wife sounds interested. Just need to double check the calendar at work

2012 Level 2
Michelin ZP rear tire
Centramatics, Traxxion AK20s and Triple Tree WindBender w/rake
Hannigan GL Trailer
2016 Rollahome Camper
post #9 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Of course I'll be there. Fairwarning - Fast Eddie complains if the beer ain't cold. He is a connoisseur ofcold beverages I'm placing a reservation for the garage floor spaceif there's no room available in the Big House.

Seem to remember Fast Eddie interrupting the pole dancing by his use of his Black Rifle. Which really wasn't that much of an interruptions, more like a public service.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #10 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:58 PM

Marked it on my calendar!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page