GL1800Riders Forums banner

Removing Tweeters....HELP!!!!!!!!

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  GoldWingrGreg 
#1 ·
I have looked at the sights I was sent to but I do not see any switches to remove the tweeters, I have look in my Service manual and it does not show how to remove them. It just says remove them.....2006 GL 1800

#3 ·
BZ, do you mean the "Tweeters" by the front speaker.
If so, I just went through that last week.
I bought a new White Wing Bling dash and had to take out the tweeters out of the old dash and put them in the new dash.
There are little clips around the plastic housing they are in.
Push in on those, one at a time, and pull on the tweeter. It will pop out.

#4 ·
Are you removing the plug/wire from the tweeters or the whole speaker? The plug takes patients to get out. Remove the rubber boot and you will see a square plug with a small catch lever on the side. Use a small tip if a small screw driver to get the catch to let go of the base. If you are taking the speaker out I think you just tug on the speaker base and it comes out of the hole its in. I have taken my meter panel off many times and got tires of fiddling with those plugs so I just broke off the catch and now they pop right out, same thing with the large square plug down in front of the key. I filed off the notch catch so it takes just a little tug and comes apart.

#5 ·
Tweeters

That all depends on what your definition of "remove them" is.

Do you mean unhook the connectors on the tweeters so I can take off the meter panel?

Or do you mean "remove them" as in take the tweeters completely out of the meter panel, and do away with them?

#10 ·
have pulled my tweeter out to move it to a different grill, it can be done, I forget how I did it but it was hard. I believe I forced plastic shims down the side to hold out the clips as I pried them back with a 90 degree pick set. I think I pulled back the clip and then put a shim under it. Once out they just snap right in.

#13 ·
Last I heard the OP is still trying to remover them. After trying for 7 years, I sure hope he figures it out soon.

Reactions: LarryM
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.