HELP!!! Sus Adj Error - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

HELP!!! Sus Adj Error

Need some help.
After replacing the rear shock absorber and actuator with a new one, I adjusted it up once then got a Sus Adj Error on the LCD when I tried to adjust it again. I've checked fuse #28 and switched relays both seem fine. Double cheched wire connections and all is good. Is there anything else I can check or do to get working again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:00 PM
10 year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbaRkcaJ View Post
Need some help.
After replacing the rear shock absorber and actuator with a new one, I adjusted it up once then got a Sus Adj Error on the LCD when I tried to adjust it again. I've checked fuse #28 and switched relays both seem fine. Double cheched wire connections and all is good. Is there anything else I can check or do to get working again .
You MAY, need to dissconnect your negitive battery lead wait a minute or so then reconnect it.... Start the bike and let it run for 10 minutes WITHOUT touching the throttle...

I am no mechanic, but this seems to help the computer "reset" itself... plus while your waiting for someone who knows what their talking about it will be a good time killer!!

LOL
Matt(BCNV)

2007 Black Cherry Airbag*
2008 Black Cherry Motortrike
*Traxxion~Mega
LIMNCS #74
DS #925
“Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” -John Wayne
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

Double check plug connections. I think Fred posted up some time ago that holding the up button while turning the key on multiple times sometimes works. When I did mine I had to reuse the angle sensor and had put it on 180 degrees out.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Try disconnecting the battery for about 20 seconds or so and then reconnect it. If the problem that caused the error to appear has gone away, this will reset the error message. However, if the problem that caused it is still present, the error message will return.

GL1800 Maintenance Videos - 20 Disc Set

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Dealer/Installer
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
Try disconnecting the battery for about 20 seconds or so and then reconnect it. If the problem that caused the error to appear has gone away, this will reset the error message. However, if the problem that caused it is still present, the error message will return.
This always works with mine.

'06 Chrome on Black on Black
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Supporting Vendor

You could probably also research which fuse applies power to the meter panel, and simply remove and replace it if you didn't want to disconnect the battery. I'm not sure of the fuse number, and suspect it is not the same on all model years, but it should be easy enough to research in the manual.

GL1800 Maintenance Videos - 20 Disc Set

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Dealer/Installer
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Thanks everyone for your help. I had already tried disconnect/reconnect the battery and still did not work.. Went back out and disconnected the wiring under the left pocket, turned the bike on ..still an error. turned the key to the accel disconnected/reconnected the wiring again and it started working fine. Have no idea why I just hope it continues. Thanks again.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbaRkcaJ View Post
Thanks everyone for your help. I had already tried disconnect/reconnect the battery and still did not work.. Went back out and disconnected the wiring under the left pocket, turned the bike on ..still an error. turned the key to the accel disconnected/reconnected the wiring again and it started working fine. Have no idea why I just hope it continues. Thanks again.
When you turn the key to the ACC position, it sends a ground pulse to the signal cancel unit and it may just do the same to the IP to reset it as well. Just a guess.

'06 Chrome on Black on Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page