Too good to be true? Dyno-Boost Performance Chip for Goldwing - GL1800Riders

4Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Too good to be true? Dyno-Boost Performance Chip for Goldwing

I've searched the forums for performance chips and other performance upgrades and the only thing I have seen is exhaust and some will argue that doesn't do much without a re-map of the ECM. I've always thought its too bad Power Commander or some other company hasn't come up with a plug and play unit for the Wing but maybe there isn't a high enough demand for it.
While I was doing a little searching on ebay today I ran across this gizmo http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DYNO-...Q5fAccessories

Sounds too good to be true to me and I'm sure this could lead to some warranty issues unless it was simple enough to pull off if you had an issue.
Anyway let's hear from the smart guys on the forum who are much more knowledgeable then I on the ECM and how it all works on the bike. Anyone think this thing has a snowballs chance in **** of gaining "+15-35 additional HP, dynamic acceleration by up to 30 %"?

Fellers let's try and keep this on topic all the performance upgrade forums I've read have been de-railed with people talking/asking why in the world you would want more performance from the wing its a touring bike, just buy a sportbike etc etc. I, for one will always want more performance out of everything I ride/fly. Whether its the Wing or a CV-22 Osprey however I also recognize performance ain't cheap and cost more then the $54.99 this product sells for.
stranger38804 likes this.

Bryan J.
IBA #45364

2008 Honda Goldwing Nav/Comfort Pearl White

2007 Harley-Davidson Nightster Black

2007 Honda XR650L Big Red Pig

"Get used to being the man, and acting like it. Because when bullets start flying and s*** hits the fan, and there are 27 people whose lives you are directly responsible for looking at you and saying 'what the **** do we do now, sir?' You better be the f***ing man then."
-Anonymous
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Seasoned Member

Well, the claims are very generic. And more fuel does not mean more power. And I believe we have more than one o2 sensor, but could be wrong. But if I were you, I'd buy it and let the rest of us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmitch View Post
Lets see... last time I checked, Army, Marines, and Airforce BEATS lame fat goldwing rider with a gun
2004 GL1800AT
2000 CBR929RR
1987 CR500R
1982 MB5
1981 CB900F
1971 CB836K1
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Banned

Okay.you put one on your bike first..
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Maximum horespower is achieved through a specific air fuel ratio. If the mixture is too lean, you lose power, and the exhaust temps increase. If it's to rich, you also lose power and (depending on how rich you go) start fouling plugs, developing deposits on the valves, and clogging converters. Most manufacturers will have the air fuel mixture a touch on the rich side to be safe from the heat generated from the lean condition, so simply "tricking" the computer into thinking the intake air is cold so it will dump in more fuel (and then blocking that message from the o2 sensors) will not necessarily make more horsepower.

I also am the type of person who's looking for more powerin everything I own, even though I'm really happy with the performance of the 1800. This product, in my opinion is like many others out there that say you're gonna go fast by tricking the computer into thinking it's cold outside, thereby dumping in more fuel. I've been building horsepower for racing 1/4 mile way to long to know that it's not that easy. If you could hook the bike up to a computer and custom tune that fuel curve to maintain a specific ratio, I'd say it may be a different situation, but simply dumping in more fuel is not the answer IMHO. I'm saving my $50+ dollars on this one, but if someone puts it on their bike, let us know how it works !!!

Kurt

The greatest father-son motorcycle trip ever !
Alaska '14 (click to read)
Alaska '12 (click to read)
Coast to Coast Non-Stop CERTIFIED !
Jacksonville to San Diego

2367 miles..31hours 52min
1860 miles..24 hours
1025 miles..15 hours

IBA #57815
Double Darksider #333
Michelin Alpin/
Battlax BT45
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Seasoned Member

The chip for remapping my mini is $600+ plus a dyno run and pulley, price is so low it can't be true. The guy who did the turbo on the wing had to install a second computer and rewire it. So if it walks like a duck.....

2004 GL1800 White TE 111,400 miles retired
2012 GL1800 Blue/Silver 28,000 miles retired
2015 CanAm Spyder RTS White
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Dyno-BOOST tricks the ECU thinking the intake air much more cooler, then the ECU will send more fuel for a richer mix besides if the current vehicle has oxygen sensor it blocks restrictions generated by the ECU

No thanks. I'd rather have the right mixture.

Wayne Bengston
Cordelia, CA
2008 GL1800B
2007 BMW F650GS ABS
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Jon
Seasoned Member

Why in the world you would want more performance from the wing?

It's a touring bike...

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post

It's a touring bike...

To have a quicker touring bike? I would not mind more power, but this ain't gonna' do it.

Wayne Bengston
Cordelia, CA
2008 GL1800B
2007 BMW F650GS ABS
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to pshivers Send a message via Yahoo to pshivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post

It's a touring bike...

2005 GL1800A Bright Blue Metallic
GWBBA #58
Darkside #527
195/55R-16 Kumho Ecsta SPT XRP RunFlat
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be...
-Albert Einstein

Where is Paul?

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Banned

I've got this idea about selling cow magnets to tape around the gas line and......................Oh! Wait, we all use unleaded gas now, don't we
There goes another million dollar maker
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page