Candy Black Cherry paint code? - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Candy Black Cherry paint code?

I am trying to find out the paint code on my '09 Candy Black Cherry Wing, and All I come up with is R-287. (R-287C) That is a color rite number and the guy I deal with is a PPG man. Yeah, I know, find someone who uses color rite but this guy is very good and I want him to do the paint. He doesn't cut corners and judging by the hot rods he has in his show room, this guy cares about painting.

So, any one have an solution as far as getting the paint or codes or mixtures for the CBC paint so I can get my trailer painted? Is the CBC color a 2 or 3 part paint? Should I just paint the bike black and be done with it?(NO!) Should I start a paintthetrailer.com web site and accept donations?

I searched the internets for days and found the 04 and 05 bikes are that color and the Rune along with the VTX models. IF I buy the paint, it is 250 a pint (Base and color coats) before any sand paper hits the body, and that is not going to happen. Kinda like putting lip stick on a pig...with a diamond necklace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Paint Codes

Color Rite paint codes:

Top Coat Base Coat

R287 Candy Black Cherry 2245 1245
Hope this is helpful.

Mike
N4AYO
2004 Candy Black Cherry
2006 Aluma MCTXL
Darksider #506
Prowler #90

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to tharris811
order your paint from us paint it will match. they make the paint for honda (so I am told) but I do know it will match.. use the 287 code they will know what you are talking about . Get Jo Ann on the phone ..

if you need any help let me know
thanks tony
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Interesting...

My '09 CBC paint code is R-287M.

I wonder if they had two or more batches that were slightly different?

John
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
order your paint from us paint it will match. they make the paint for honda (so I am told) but I do know it will match.. use the 287 code they will know what you are talking about . Get Jo Ann on the phone ..

if you need any help let me know
thanks tony
He has the paint to mix, he does not have the amounts and codes. If I buy it, it is ridiculously expensive. "US" is Tonys Trikes? Harris auto sales?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
He has the paint to mix, he does not have the amounts and codes. If I buy it, it is ridiculously expensive. "US" is Tonys Trikes? Harris auto sales?
no I have nothing to do with us paints. I was just tring to help you .. it is high price but you get what you pay for..
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
no I have nothing to do with us paints. I was just tring to help you .. it is high price but you get what you pay for..

U.S. Paint? ok, now I got ya.

edit. http://www.uspaint.com/ they have a Candy Black Cherry Gold Wing on their home page!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
I am trying to find out the paint code on my '09 Candy Black Cherry Wing, and All I come up with is R-287. (R-287C) That is a color rite number and the guy I deal with is a PPG man. Yeah, I know, find someone who uses color rite but this guy is very good and I want him to do the paint. He doesn't cut corners and judging by the hot rods he has in his show room, this guy cares about painting.

So, any one have an solution as far as getting the paint or codes or mixtures for the CBC paint so I can get my trailer painted? Is the CBC color a 2 or 3 part paint? Should I just paint the bike black and be done with it?(NO!) Should I start a paintthetrailer.com web site and accept donations?

I searched the internets for days and found the 04 and 05 bikes are that color and the Rune along with the VTX models. IF I buy the paint, it is 250 a pint (Base and color coats) before any sand paper hits the body, and that is not going to happen. Kinda like putting lip stick on a pig...with a diamond necklace!
The 08's are (R303)
Reason red paint is so costly, all red paint has gold in it, don't know why! Try U.S.Paint I believe that's the company Honda uses.

Jim
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bertuca View Post
The 08's are (R303)
Reason red paint is so costly, all red paint has gold in it, don't know why! Try U.S.Paint I believe that's the company Honda uses.
I did look it up, I was just about to send an email and I found Minimum order, 2,500.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Seasoned Member

you can order smaller amounts. it does cost a lot for shipping. sometimes we order a qt. at a time..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page