GL1800Riders Forums banner

Installing CB and such. What else to tweak while in there!

810 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pigeon Roost 
#1 ·
The CB install secifies that a lot of tupperware be removed and such. I an doing rear speakers, Sierra antenna, Utopia Backrest with wool cover (already have lambs wool on seats). I already have a "check and adjust of the cruise control pointer to throttle cable drum target" on my list, as well as a good cleaning of the filth and dust. What else should I look for while the seats, rear trunk, rear fender A, top cover, and front pockets are out. Things like contact cleaning or lubing or tie downs and such come to mind. Any tips from experience will be appreciated. Wiating on delivery of Utopia rest and wool cover for same before starting -- well, actually may as well get started tomorrow as the weather is going to be lousy all week any way. HOpe to sneak in a ride today, but fairly cool in low 40's predicted at mid afternoon.

BTW; is it just my bike, or is it usual and customary for the under tupperware areas to be so filthy diryy and dusty. Mine was that way right off the showroom floor with 0.6 miles on it. Looks like coal dust! Mine is an '02 hold-over purchased in July of '03. It is a pre-frame weld recall bike, made soon before they changed the weld process from double to single technique. Maybe they had it stored in a coal tipple warehouse!

prs

#4 ·
I went thru this a couple of months ago! My list had the following components that should be installed along with you CB install, that is unless you want to keep taking the same crap off all the time. I learned the hard way.
1. Trunk Lights
2. Saddle bag Lights
3. Hondaline passenger Vol. PTT Switch.
4. PTT sw for CB. Any additional electrical filters that need to go under seat (Your Choice)
6. If your going to add trailer hitch at some point good idea to install harness etc. at this time.
7. Trunk Light
8. Vanity Light for trunk.
9. If you are going to add license plate that is powered get harness from EC.
I think that this will cover most of the rear end add-on that you may what to install.
Other may have a different opinion! :blw1: :flg:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.