Electrical Connection Heated Grips - GL1800Riders
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grampawinger

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Electrical Connection Heated Grips

This is a shoutout to Lewis and crew at Electrical Connection...

The Hondaline heated grips on my '06 GL1800 stopped working after ten years. I could not replace them as they are discontinued by the manufacturer and out of stock everywhere!

I decided to go with Electrical Connection, mostly because of their reputation for quality products. I placed the order online. I received an email that they were waiting for components. This was only a few days delay; no big deal but it was nice of them to let me know.

The E.C. grip heaters allowed me to re-install the stock grips (5 3/4" vs 5 1/8" for the Hondaline). I like the feel of the stock grips and I really missed the wider total grip. I purchased a new panel where the Hondaline controller was located. I mounted the off position at 12 o'clock. It is infinitely adjustable to about 10 o'clock. The wire used looks to be 2-3 times thicker than what I removed.

I just got back from a 1,000+ mile ride on the California and Oregon coast and I LOVE the new grip heaters. I brought summer gloves as the weather is usually perfect in September. We hit 50 degree weather with damp fog for many hours each day. The highest setting I used was "5" and it was perfect for thin gloves. Adjustment was easy as the weather changed and heat was constant and predictable. I don't think the Hondaline grips got half as hot, and there were only four positions from low to high.

As you can probably tell, I am very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend the E.C. heated grips. Installation took about two hours...half of the time was removing the Hondaline grips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2874.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	146434  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Seasoned Member

I installed a set of these on my O2, as @Grampawinger was always giving me smack about how nice his factory heated grips were (it gets a might cool in Michigan). I never did need to run the EC grips at max. I consider them money well spent. And then I was able to give gramps grief about how much warmer my grips were than his .

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssncob View Post
I installed a set of these on my O2, as @Grampawinger was always giving me smack about how nice his factory heated grips were (it gets a might cool in Michigan). I never did need to run the EC grips at max. I consider them money well spent. And then I was able to give gramps grief about how much warmer my grips were than his .
LOL I would much rather get grief from you in lieu of crying and gnashing of teeth.

That was in MICHIGAN. You also bought a Gerbing heated jacket and heated GLOVES.

Then you moved to a somewhat semi "sub-tropical" geographical zone.

You also used to covet my highway pegs whenever ya saw me lounging on the seat with my feet up. Kudos to ya for finally getting the Mic O Pegs.

Still great here in MICHIGAN.

edit: Heated Gerbing or WarmNsoft gloves are also needed when riding in near freezing temps because while the heated grips keep the palms and fingers warm, they do nothing for the sides of the thumbs or the top of the fingers and hand. My WarmNsoft gloves have heating elements in the back of the hands and thumb sides, but in order to keep the gloves thin there are no heating elements in the palms.

ssncob likes this.

Troy, Michigan 2007 Goldwing
IBA 45141
BBG X5
SS2000 Gold

Mile Eater Bronze, Silver, and Gold

Last edited by Grampawinger; 09-18-2016 at 05:18 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 05:26 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo74 View Post
This is a shoutout to Lewis and crew at Electrical Connection...

I decided to go with Electrical Connection, mostly because of their reputation for quality products.
Good choice to go with their heated grips.

I have also bought some high quality items fro EC. They are very good people.

gramps

Troy, Michigan 2007 Goldwing
IBA 45141
BBG X5
SS2000 Gold

Mile Eater Bronze, Silver, and Gold
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Seasoned Member

Heat-troller works well too.

later...Randy
2005 Billet Silver ABS

....... 1967-1971......

Proud Member Of The PGR
Since 2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page