GL1800Riders Forums banner

Need help naming and getting part

660 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave.David969 
#1 ·
Anybody know what are those rubber bell-shaped electrical wiring protection sleeves called? They are about 3 inches in large mouth diameter and are at various places in the harness, for example under the left and right shelter areas and encase the connectors. I can't see them listed individually on the parts catalog except apparently as part of the overall harness. I just want the part itself.

If I have a name maybe google can help find these kinds of parts.

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Let me be the first to thank you . I been looking awhile for these . I been stealing them off of junk bikes and saving them.
As thise covers are a lifesaver for my riding style . Dirt, mud , salt , and General ick is deflected around these wonderful protectors . I like to run 2 on one connection . One inside the other sometimes with a small cable tie to seal better .
I will see about getting you a commission . As I am bout to place a big order :wink2:

#5 ·
I have always called them boots. Thanks for the source! Another one surprisingly difficult to find are the rubber covers that protect the live 12V main cable to the starter motor. I searched for a few days before finding a source on E-bay.

prs

#6 ·
Thanks you for this infomation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.