Blue Tooth Transmitter fitted to intercom system - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS View Post
Take look at the Blue Streak product that is now for sale through Ed Sets (www.edsets.com) It might do what you want. I have not tried one yet but I've bought lots of other products from Ed and all of them have been outstanding.
It works fine, need an auxiliary microphone splitter cable that adds a bit more to the cost.

● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ● IBA #50030 ●
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:23 AM
Seasoned Member

I think we're preaching to the choir. The OP is not coming back.

2008 gl1800 black abs, comfort pkg., nav, cb.
Kuryakyn centrefold (not my idea).

motorcyclist not a biker.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
I think we're preaching to the choir. The OP is not coming back.
Maybe true, but there is someone else that'll use that info to help.
doctorbob12 likes this.

● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ● IBA #50030 ●

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Just got back into a new 2016 Goldwing today. My last one was a 2008 that i sold in 2010 for some dumb reason. Anyway, I already have the Sena SH10 units on our helmets and would like to use them wirelessly with the bike audio instead of having to plug in. Will I have to buy one Freewire or two?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to doctorbob12
Yes I have been reading this with Interest. Up dated a 2006 Wing with a 2014 Wing. Then we now went from basic audio to the level 2 with GPS and XM Radio. We needed new helmets and my wife was having trouble with her cord. We went with the Sena 10S units. Which are compatible in price to JM headsets with bottom cords. They have the blue tooth for phone build in the also have a FM receiver for radio which plays in to the head sets. If not sure if I am going to replace the over priced out dated CB radio that Honda has pushed for so many years. They are running over $700 with me doing my own installation. The actual radio that in the package could be bought at a truck stop or off the web for less than $100.00. Then finding a used one not so good mother Honda changed enough that the 1212 and older will not hook up from what I have seen. I have not had a chance to set down and look at Schematic drawing to see what the changers are. We have seen one our trips there is less trucker up dates. Our ridding group has gotten smaller and some of the other riders are using blue tooth and wireless headsets. The new Sena 10S units can pair with other units and have a mile range. For local riding and in a group we can use the blue tooth phone to call as needed. So thank you to CJS even if he did jump ship.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page