LED Headlights - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohn View Post
Hi Slowrollin, I know the LED lights are bright, but do the high beams project enough light down the road to be useable at night?
Jackjohn, they sure do. I tested them out on country roads that had no street lights. They low beams were actually bright enough and I didn't need the high beam. However when I put the high beams on, I got a lot more distance and kind of a spot light effect in the center. My wife kept commenting on the brightness from the back seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by networkguy3 View Post
My E/Cs do. Almost as well as 35w DDM HIDS.
Thanks,

Jack
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohn View Post
Hi Slowrollin, I know the LED lights are bright, but do the high beams project enough light down the road to be useable at night?
My question as well.... I have the SoCalMotoGear on my lowers.. work great, show up the ditches great.. .... I have 9600 Lumens on Hi beams...from the big "E"... They put out tons of light however, nothing really focused down the road, just kind of like big flood lites... ... Have been trying to find a Youtube review comparison on these commonly used brands... Still looking... Concerned about out driving the hi beams at speed...
slowrollin likes this.

Everyone is Entitled to my Opinion
Click Info...FAQ_DS - 012
14 Gl1800 ABS
Front G701..130/70H-18
http://tinyurl.com/op3h65p
Rear
..Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55/16 28 Ibs Runflat
Kwik Camp..CMA Chapter #986
Sticks Old Bike Memory Pics. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/4-gen...bike-pics.html

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick405 View Post
My question as well.... I have the SoCalMotoGear on my lowers.. work great, show up the ditches great.. .... I have 9600 Lumens on Hi beams...from the big "E"... They put out tons of light however, nothing really focused down the road, just kind of like big flood lites... ... Have been trying to find a Youtube review comparison on these commonly used brands... Still looking... Concerned about out driving the hi beams at speed...
What I see with the high beams is kind of flood light effect projecting very far down the road, and then a kind of spot light effect concentrated in the center, again with a good distance down the road.

I have Harley's DayMaker LED lights on my Harley. I've been riding them for about 4 years and enjoyed them. So, that is what I was expecting as far as performance. I believe EC bulbs outperform my DayMakers.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I installed the pathfinder led kit, and couldn't be happier. They work great, and produce a lot of light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page