Easy lift tool for center stand - GL1800Riders
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Easy lift tool for center stand

Need the contact info or webpage for the person who designed a special tool to ease the 1800 up onto its center stand. Thanks in advance, y'all.

snappa

Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EZlift from Phils Farkels!! Thanks for all the replies.

Snappa says,
"Above all else, ride safe."

2008 Metallic Red Premium Audio
GWRRA 296263
HRCA 300026979
VROC 472
USN 1967-1970
USNAVSUPACT, Danang, 1967-1970

&quot;Do not regret growing older. <font face=&quot;Times New Roman&quot;><font color=&quot;#000000&quot;>It is a privilege denied to many.

Last edited by Snappa; 06-17-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Contributing Member

Wink

Back the bike upon a 1" board, makes a ton of differance putting it on the center stand..
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Supporting Vendor

Philip Ham. His bike is in my shop, I just finished installing a Traxxion rear shock in it. I'll mention this thread to him when he comes to pick it up in a few hours.
MSB725, limpy45 and Doc T like this.

GL1800 Maintenance Videos - 20 Disc Set

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Dealer/Installer

Follow Me on Facebook

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa View Post
Need the contact info or webpage for the person who designed a special tool to ease the 1800 up onto its center stand. Thanks in advance, y'all.

snappa
Just ordered one yesterday.

http://www.philsfarkels.com/home.html
Dale Baerg likes this.

Don ========= Prowler #88
___ 2003 ABS ___
------------
"Orange Blossom"
Taylor, MI & Boynton Beach, FL

"--- "
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betthe View Post
Just ordered one yesterday.

http://www.philsfarkels.com/home.html
Be advised, while this is a well engineered and well built product (Phil is a super guy BTW) Phil I think warns you on his website now that if you have had a right-knee replacement, it may not be much help in putting your bike up on the center stand.

I tried it and when it didn't work for me, Phil was willing to buy it back from me. I didn't take him up on his offer because I had already committed to sell it to someone else that wanted to try it. He had a right-knee replacement too and ultimately sold it to someone else.
Dale Baerg likes this.

DARKSIDER #317
Tennessee Traveler # 15
Florida Prowler #85

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page

Whenever we safely Ride home we promise God a little something.

(quote attributed to
Tony...........Chicago
2001 Black 1800

http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Member

His product works great for me and my 2008!! A friend and member of this forum has an 2012-13?? Forget which, and it was a real bear getting it up on center stand. Couldn't believe how much of a difference it really was.

IBA# 60622
Prowler #1999
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrycuda67 View Post
His product works great for me and my 2008!! A friend and member of this forum has an 2012-13?? Forget which, and it was a real bear getting it up on center stand. Couldn't believe how much of a difference it really was.
It is a 2013, and it is tougher sometimes than others, who knows why, but even with having an operation on my right knee for a torn meniscus a few years back, I can still get the bike up on the center stand with Phil's helping hand, where I cannot if it is not installed. I will admit that sometimes I cheat and put the rear wheel on a 1x piece of lumber to make it even easier.

Steve Kowalcky
Edgewater, FL
Florida Prowler # 46250

The Lord said; "Thou shalt have dominion over all of the animals, except of course the cat."

My therapist's name is Dr. Goldwing, she has the antidote for the blues.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Seasoned Member

I also have one of Phil's Farkel's EZ Lifts. I got it last year after a hernia repair surgery. Makes it much easier to put up on the center stand. Another thing the helps is to run the suspension all the way up to 25 first. Then I think a kid could do it with the lift lever. To bad he did not have one for a 1500 Wing. Mine weighed in at a grain elevator at 1025 lbs. The P O had put on ALL the chrome available for that model.. Lead sled, but rode very smooth with all that weight, sort of like a Lincoln Continental.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 10:56 AM
Seasoned Member

I started work on the EZ-LIFT 2 years ago on my 2010. At that time my rear pre-load would begin to work at #1. I assumed that was normal. Recently I noticed it was becoming harder to lift and I attributed that to my weak back and a worn out rear tire, then I tested and found my pre-load wouldn't work till # 9... Fred Harmon just changed my rear shock and filled the pre-load actuator so it begins to lift immediately.. I can now pop the bike up on the center stand with minimal effort.

The moral of the story is, the EZ-lift helps under any circumstances BUT it is much more effective when the pre-load if fully functional.

It's possible the difficulty with a later model Gold-Wing may be the fault of a partially functioning pre-load system.

That little bit of extra lift makes a world of difference in the effectiveness of the CS leverage. If you ever tried it with a low rear tire you will understand.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Seasoned Member

As a double knee replacement patient, I have never used the concept of a board under the rear tire, nor raising the pre-load to 25, but the idea presented in this post convince me to order the EZ Lift. Wonder if it would work on my CB1100? That cycle requires more exertion than the Goldwing.

2008 Black Goldwing, risers, highway pegs, Wingsoft seat, Utopia backrest, MP3 player, CB, rotor covers, sheepskin seat cover, spoiler, modified brake and turn signals, air wings, mirror wings, All Balls steering bearings. No money left.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page