GL1800Riders Forums banner

2006 CB problems

660 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Cal-D 
#1 ·
A friends 2006 CB has stopped working. It will not receive or transmit, no TX or RX indication. With squelch off there is no static noise, also when the PTT is pushed the radio cuts out like it should but will not come back on after the PTT is released. Have to turn the key off and back on to get the radio back on. The squelch, volume and channel buttons all work as does the speaker/headset functions.

#3 ·
This is going to sound silly but if it was mine I would disconnect the battery, wait five minutes reconnect the battery & see what I have. It only takes a minute, cost nothing & may reset something. I have no idea if it will help but what the ****.

Reactions: Art H.
#7 ·
HAL - Do you mean the only coast ? GREAT.

Tried reset and battery check, not that. The part that baffles me is it almost seems the hold-on is sticking on, ie the radio cuts out when the PTT is pressed and stays cut out. No static when squelch is turned off.

#8 · (Edited)
Is the TX showing up on the display when you press the PTT lever? Does it go away when you release it?

Turn the squelch all the way down. You should get noise, and RX should show on the display.

Is this an OEM CB or a BikeMp3 unit?

Since transmit and receive in a CB are two independent circuits, if both of them are dead, that sounds like water damage. Pull the trap door and inspect the CB for any signs of water or corrosion.

#9 ·
As said above, there are no TX or RX indications, OEM unit and no signs of water on the unit or in the cubby hole.

Is the TX showing up on the display when you press the PTT lever? Does it go away when you release it?

Turn the squelch all the way down. You should get noise, and RX should show on the display.

Is this an OEM CB or a BikeMp3 unit?

Since transmit and receive in a CB are two independent circuits, if both of them are dead, that sounds like water damage. Pull the trap door and inspect the CB for any signs of water or corrosion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.