GL1800Riders Forums banner

Bbq

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Duckster 
#1 ·
Couple of us from the Elizabethtown/Leitchfield area plan to head down to Celina, Tn tomorrow for a little BBQ at a place called Dale Hollow BBQ, 1012 E Lake Ave, Celina...leaving Leitchfield about 9:30 CST for about a 110 mile ride there...be going through Smith's Grove, hwy 60 to 90 ...anyone wishes to join us...be glad to have the company.

#3 ·
I might do this. Where are you guys meeting? 60? If i go i would be crossing the river at Hawesville and will be on hwy 60 for a little while then onto 105 toward Leitchfield whichever way gps takes me into the city. It changes its mind a lot which way to go after 105. Is that anywhere close to your meeting place?

#5 ·
From Hawesville you have the right idea...60--105--79--259--737 deadends on 259, take a right into town and continue straight through town, 1/2 way around the Square, continue on 259 through two more lights and there will be a McDees on your right just before crossing the Parkway...we will be there around 9am CST...be good to have another trooper...weather is supposed to be decent and warm..slight chance of showers, I think.

Marty

#6 ·
Just had a post here, went to Edit it and lots the entire posting...Anyway...from Hawesville you were right...105-79--259--737....which deadends at 259..turn right and follow through town, continue 1/2 around the Square, staying on 259, go through two more lights and just before crossing the Parkway you will see a McDees on the right...we will be there...around 9am CST....my cell is 270-446-9495. Looking forward to another trooper....

Marty

#12 ·
I made it home at 7pm Eastern and no rain. 442 miles round trip.

Thanks Marty for suggesting the RTE. Good food and socializing and sight seeing.

Duckster: I ended up going through Owensboro 5pm Central.

#14 ·
Some great photos there Donnie, but you did not get my best side. Thanks everyone for the company and conversation...wonderful day, great food and better companionship. We had to stopover in Smith's Grove for just enough food, actually ice cream... to hold us over till we got home...as if we did not eat enough at the Dale Hollow BBQ restaurant. Have to do it again soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.