GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • PROTECT YOURSELF AND BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS! Please read the stickies at the top of the forum before engaging in Buy/Sell activities.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2007 Blue GL1800 Lvl 3 w/ Full Monty Traction(SOLD)

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  ATCguy 
#1 · (Edited)

(more photos below)

Since I now travel full-time in my RV, and am no longer taking long trips on the motorcycle... I think it's time to maybe switch to a smaller bike.

As such, I'm selling my 2007 Dark Metallic Blue Goldwing, Level 3 with "Full Monty" Traxxion.

This thread is an update from the original listing, which I posted last summer before I was injured in an auto accident... and includes a few changes & updated maintenance items (new tires, oil changes, etc).

I know there are similar bikes out there being offered for a bit less... but because of the Traxxion setup, and the fact that I don't really have any pressing need to sell it... I'm asking $12,500, and the clear title is in hand.

I'm the 2nd owner of the bike, and have had it almost 4 years. The original owner rode it very little, and only put a little over 6,000 miles on it before passing away. It was passed to his son, but he was a sport-bike guy... and I bought it from him.

I've put about 30,000 more miles on her since then. I'm sure many of you may have seen & ridden with me at various rallies and such. The bike looks good, but it is not a show bike. I'm not a 'nut polisher', and I preferred spending more time riding her than cleaning her. That's not to say the bike wasn't well cared for, and washed occasionally... just that it has the various dings & such that a 10 yr-old bike ridden all over the country in nearly any type of weather normally has.

Besides the Traxxion setup, there are lots of other upgrades & extras... here are the full details:

2007 Honda GL1800 Level 3
(GL18 HPNA7)
(ABS, PREMIUM AUDIO, COMFORT PACKAGE, NAVIGATION SYSTEM)

Dark Blue Metallic

Current mileage: 38,864

Significant Additions:

- TRAXXION "Full Monty" Suspension System:
AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit
Traxxion Dynamics “Omni” Fork Spring Kit
Rebound Adjustable Fork Caps
Fork Seals
Inner and Outer Fork Bushings as required
Fork Brace with Bug Guards
"All Balls” Brand Tapered Roller Steering Head Bearings
Traxxion Dynamics’ Rear Shock Absorber and Spring Kit
Traxxion Dynamics’ Braided Stainless Steel Shock Hose
(for info: http://www.traxxion.com/Gold-Wing/ )

- Chrome Front Fender Ornament
- Chrome Front Fender Extension
- Chrome Front Lower Cowl
- Chrome Saddlebag Scuff Covers (pair)
- Chrome Saddlebag Accent Lights
- Chrome Trunk Accent Lights
- Chrome Sidestand
- Chrome Front Wheel
- Chrome Rear Wheel
- Chrome Exhaust Turndowns
- Chrome Trunk Rack
- Rear Spoiler w/ Brake Light
- Lower Saddlebag Spoilers
- Saddlebag Interior Lid Organizers
- Gold Cylinder Head Cover Emblem Set
- Fairing Side Air Deflectors
- Lower Mirror Air Deflectors
- Foglight Kit
- Trunk Interior Light & Harness
- CB Antenna Kit
- Passenger Audio Controller
- 12v DC Accessory Socket Kit
- Heated Grips w/ Thermostat
- Heated Seat
- Kuryakyn vertical trailer hitch
- Kisan Headlight Modulator
- Kisan Brakelight Modulator
- Doran TPMS

The Honda Service & Electrical Manual is also included with this sale.

All service, with the exception of the latest Brake & Clutch fluid change, has been performed either by me or a dealer at regular scheduled intervals, and the NTSA Honda rear brake recall service has been performed. The main items listed below: (mileage - date)

ENGINE OIL:
35,773 JUNE 2016

OIL FILTER:
35,773 JUNE 2016

FINAL DRIVE OIL:
27,808 JUNE 2015

COOLANT:
27,808 JUNE 2015

BRAKE FLUID:
32,622 APRIL 2016

CLUTCH FLUID:
32,622 APRIL 2016

FRONT TIRE:
36,021 JULY 2016

REAR TIRE:
36,021 JULY 2016

FRONT BRAKE PADS:
19,830 SEPT 2014

REAR BRAKE PADS:
19,830 SEPT 2014

As I said earlier, I had an auto accident back in September... but up until then, the bike was ridden on a daily basis. As I slowly recover from the injury, and if the weather cooperates... I may continue to add more mileage until it is sold. I'm currently located in southeastern NC, and will continue to be here until I'm well enough to get the show back on the road again.

3 notes that I need to add:

* Although the photos show an aftermarket Russell seat on the bike... the sale will include the stock OEM heated seat, which was removed and placed in storage when I obtained the bike. It is in 'like new' condition, with no rips, tear, or stains.

* Although you will notice a CB antenna on the bike... as of now, there is no CB radio included. There was one, and it became inoperable last year. As I had decided to sell the bike, I did not incur the expense of replacing it. The wiring is all there, installed, and included... just not the CB radio itself.

* Neither the Garmin ZUMO 665 GPS unit, nor the radar detector shown in the photos are included in the sale, unless the buyer wishes to purchase them separately.

After the bike has been sold... the ZUMO, Russell seat, a Pack-It-Rak, and other items will be listed for sale separately.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. More photos are included below.

Thanks for looking...

See less See more
#5 ·
Not sure why this seems to be such a big deal, but 3 out of my last requests have been about the OEM stock seat. Asking if it has a backrest, is it leather, etc. It is a completely stock seat, just as you'd find on any new Honda Goldwing. However, since they say a picture is worth 1000 words... here are a few photos I took 30 minutes ago. I removed the Russell seat, and placed the OEM seat on the bike.

These next photos of the underside of the seat were taken last month when someone asked about it:

In contrast, here are a few photos of the Russell seat... showing the scuffs & discolorations from over 6 years of use:

Another person had a question about the navigation. Wanted to see more photos of the display. Ok... and also shown is the current mileage.

And finally... yes, I will listen & reply to reasonable offers. But to the guy who insulted me with a lowball $5,000 offer shouldn't hold his breath waiting on my reply.

Feel free to ask any other questions... either here or via PM... and I'll try to answer as soon as possible. Thanks again for your time.

#9 ·
Oh, don't let those photos fool you there. That Russell saddle is about as comfortable as it gets!

For starters, this is the 2nd bike that saddle has been on. It began life back on my 2005 Wing, which I bought new. When I bought this bike, the saddle moved here... which is why the OEM seat is like new.

Next, that saddle is leather... not vinyl... and has been left out in the open thru all kinds of weather. I told ya, I've been far more interested in riding the bike than babying it.

Finally, I've got a short inseam... and the way I mount/dismount the bike has my boot sliding & scuffing the seat every time my right leg swings over. Trust me when I tell you it's held up very well considering the abuse I've put it through.

Bottom line... in my opinion, there's simply not a better saddle on the market. But with all the wear & tear this one has, I figured the new buyer would rather have a "newer" seat.

#10 ·
Just in case you'd be interested in repairing the CB, to enhance the sale of the bike:
http://www.sierra-mc.com/radioservice.asp
The charge for Sierra Electronics to repair your radio will normally fall under our flat rate fee of $125 with free return shipping to all customers within the continental United States. Additional shipping charges do apply for those customers not in the continental United States. If we cannot find a problem with your radio, or your radio cannot be repaired, there is a $50 bench fee for checking your radio. If your fee does not fall under the normal flat rate $125 fee, we will contact you before we perform any repairs to your radio. Upon completion of your radio repair we will contact you for a method of payment. Customers are also welcome to send a money order, cashier's check, or personal check. We can also bill you through PayPal.

#18 · (Edited)
Final bump for awhile. I figure anyone who's interested has seen the ad by now, and you guys are tired of seeing it on the front page.

Many of you have asked questions, and a few have expressed interest saying you needed some time to get your finances in order. I understand but, my medical recovery's going well enough for me to get back on the road soon, and I won't be taking the bike with me.

So I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks before I either put it in long-term storage or take it to a dealer as a trade-in on something else. If you've got a serious offer to make... now's the time.

In the mean time, here are a few more photos from last year... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.