GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • PROTECT YOURSELF AND BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS! Please read the stickies at the top of the forum before engaging in Buy/Sell activities.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2004 Honda Rune (SOLD)

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  RayL 
#1 · (Edited)
Selling my Rune to make room for a new GW. I’m the original owner. Clear title in my name.
6696 miles, stored indoors, mostly used for shows and the occasional bike night. Asking $14,500

Recent maintenance, includes oil (Honda GN4 10W40), filter (OEM). Flushed Brake & Clutch fluids. Antifreeze was flushed also. New tires (OEM brand & size, changed due to age, not wear, less than 50 miles since installation)

All stock except: original exhaust was professionally modified by Ernie Schuster, internal baffle was reduced to increase performance and sound. Has a modest rumble at idle, not too loud once under power. No problems with it being too loud at highway speeds.

Original plastic license plate holder was changed out for a chrome version.

Rear wheel center cap was replaced with a custom “knock off”. Machined to mimic the wheel design, and the Rune logo engraved in the center. Not many of these exist, as they were made for a short period of time and they are/we’re expensive. Original cap is included also.

Sale includes Factory “coffee table” book (not all owners received this). Factory letter thanking owner for their purchase. Factory service manual, and lift adapter.

Video, startup after maintenance.

Glad to answer questions.

Thanks,
Ray

Attachments

See less See more
1 10
#2 ·
Location please .

#4 ·
Nice

This is a good price....

Reactions: RayL
#6 ·
Depending on the distance: I’d be willing to deliver within 150 miles from SW Lower Michigan (free of charge). Longer distances isn’t a problem; would just need to work out some sort of price.

I’ve towed many times to locales across the country. Trailer is enclosed.

Thanks for your interest.

Ray

#7 · (Edited)
Good friend was over and commented “you’re including the pivot covers?”
The rear swingarm pivot covers were custom made. They have my name, in the Rune font. I won’t be including them with the sale. The original covers will be installed.
I apologize for the confusion.
Not the best photo, arrow points to cover(s). I’ll get a better picture later today.
Photo in the middle shows the custom cover removed, OEM cover installed.

*update, 1/19/2018 - found a 1:18 model. Kinda cool, will go with sale.

Attachments

#8 ·
Ernie Schuster. There is a mane I haven't heard in a while. Knew him from my Valkyrie days with the VRCC. Good guy, heard he lost his life to cancer several years ago.

I have always loved the Runes and yours is a beautiful example of one. If I hadn't just spent way too much money on a Jeep I would be all over this.

Good luck with the sale!

#9 ·
Ernie was a great guy. He will be missed.

The Jeep is a lot of fun. Hope you’re enjoying it!
I see you’re in northern Indiana. I’d like to extend an invitation to you and other forum members to stop by.
Maybe a winters break gathering of GL1800riders? Shop is heated, restroom facilities, put on a pot of coffee, talk bikes, share stories and I’ll fire up the Rune!

If there’s interest; please PM or email me (rhlezo@gmail.com)

Ray
Lawton, Michigan 49065

#10 ·
Man O' man you gotta stop riding that bike in the snow and salt....I would give it a good wax job before posting pictures.. Clean it up a little.....LOL

That bike has to be the cleanest machine that I have ever seen, We all can see that you have really taken great care of it.. Honestly if I didn't just spend lot's of money, triking my 2010 out, this season, I'D BE ALL OVER THAT BIKE OF YOURS.....Honestly, good luck with the sale....I don't "think" your going to have any problems selling "that" bike...

Ronnie

Reactions: Jim Jackson
#11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words!

Some other photos showing the bike on the lift adapter/lift during tire replacement. Also, front radiator grill(s) removed when the cooling system was flushed (photo looks distorted, but shows the dual radiators).

Attachments

#14 ·
Update to post more photos, and entertain any questions.
Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

#15 ·
:surprise: Just clean up that bike and it will sell! I can't imagine it looked any better on the showroom floor! Lean clean machine! Good luck on your sale. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.