Anyone going to Americade? - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Don03109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Nope, from Mass to Lake George is up there. Would it be over there for me from NH?
Don03109 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Seasoned Member
 
jlbc212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Massachusetts, 30 miles N of Boston
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMassrider View Post
This section is a little quiet, but any Mass weekend rides pop up, if you don't mind an F6B tagging along, let me know. I'm down near Providence, but I'll go anywhere on a day trip.
I was shocked to see a current post here this evening!

The GWRRA Chapter A group should be starting up their Sunday rides soon. They usually start in North Reading a short distance from Rte 95. I haven't rode with them in years. I can send you their ride schedule as soon as it is posted. I believe the district GWRRA leader has a F6B.

Check out the NewEnglandRiders forum too http://www.newenglandriders.org/NER_Events_2017.htm
All brands and models are welcome there. They have many upcoming rides scheduled for New England and beyond.
SEMassrider likes this.

Jack

Last edited by jlbc212; 03-28-2017 at 10:00 PM.
jlbc212 is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Seasoned Member
 
SEMassrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fall River, Mass.
Posts: 133
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbc212 View Post
I was shocked to see a current post here this evening!

The GWRRA Chapter A group should be starting up their Sunday rides soon. They usually start in North Reading a short distance from Rte 95. I haven't rode with them in years. I can send you their ride schedule as soon as it is posted. I believe the district GWRRA leader has a F6B.

Check out the NewEnglandRiders forum too http://www.newenglandriders.org/NER_Events_2017.htm
All brands and models are welcome there. They have many upcoming rides scheduled for New England and beyond.
Thank you for the link. There's some rides there I might make. I wasn't aware of this group.

"Life is tough...but it's tougher when you're stupid"
Credit John Wayne
SEMassrider is online now  
 
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 08:01 AM
Seasoned Member
 
wingpilot08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Coatesville,PA
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don03109 View Post
Nope, from Mass to Lake George is up there. Would it be over there for me from NH?
I stand corrected! should have looked at a map instead of assuming!

2008-HPNA (RED)
1988 Bunkhouse Trailer/Camper
Darkside #1720

wingpilot08 is online now  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Seasoned Member
 
kampinguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 872
Garage
I'm going. Leaving from Toronto on Saturday and spending two days riding the finger lakes on our way down. Will arrive on Monday afternoon and are leaving on Sunday.


DS # 1195
2003 Illusion Blue
2003 Bushtec Quantum GL
Lest We Forget


Every loaf of bread is a tragic story about grains that could have been beer.
kampinguru is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Seasoned Member
 
roadrunner1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vernon, VT
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingpilot08 View Post
I stand corrected! should have looked at a map instead of assuming!

Well you were correct if you assumed that it was held near NY City. There is very much more to NY than just the area around that septic tank.


Allen


Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor
#1655
roadrunner1800 is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Seasoned Member
 
wingpilot08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Coatesville,PA
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner1800 View Post
Well you were correct if you assumed that it was held near NY City. There is very much more to NY than just the area around that septic tank.


Allen
My last trip to Americade was back in 1996 with a brand new 96SE. So long ago! Will be making a trip to Vermont in August for a wedding, up near Burlington. Recommendation for a good State Park?

2008-HPNA (RED)
1988 Bunkhouse Trailer/Camper
Darkside #1720

wingpilot08 is online now  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Seasoned Member
 
roadrunner1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vernon, VT
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingpilot08 View Post
My last trip to Americade was back in 1996 with a brand new 96SE. So long ago! Will be making a trip to Vermont in August for a wedding, up near Burlington. Recommendation for a good State Park?

There are quite a few of them up around Lake Champlain and even more inland away from the lake. I can't recommend any individual park, but keep in mind during the summer it gets busy with all the tourists and the parks do take reservations. Button Bay is a park I've heard of but never stayed at and it is near Burlington.


Allen


http://www.vtstateparks.com/#browseParksDropdown


Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor
#1655

Last edited by roadrunner1800; 03-29-2017 at 02:22 PM.
roadrunner1800 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome