2013 9/11 ride : PA_Wash DC_NYC - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

2013 9/11 ride : PA_Wash DC_NYC

I registered today to participate in the 2013 America's 911 Memorial ride. The ride starts @ Somerset, PA (Shanksville - site of AA Flt #93 crash); continues on to the Pentagon & culminates @ Ground Zero in NYC. The ride is open to the 1st 1000 bikes that register. I did a PGR ride a few years ago that started @ the Antietam Battlefield in Sharpsburg, MD & went to Saratoga Springs Nat'l Cemetery in Saratoga Springs, NY...... I routed myself to Sharpsburg via Shanksville & visited the memorial then. This time around I hope to complete the "TriFecta" by visiting all 3 9/11 sites that changed our nation forever......

I've been wanting to do this ride for years & pulled the trigger today - sending in my $$

If any other Missourians are interested in doing this ride - lemme know..... Here's a link to the site : https://www.americas911ride.org/123abcd.php

Reply here -or- email me @ ShowMe177RG@Gmail.com

adios - Dave

'09 Platinum Silver GL1800, DS #515

1st RF : Kuhmo Spt XRP RF, 195/55/16 @ 32 psi & 2 oz. Dynabeads - (replaced after 20K Miles)

2nd RF : Michelin Primacy Alpin RF, 195/55/16 @ 34 psi & 2 oz. Dynabeads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Seasoned Member

That sounds really neat, but I just can't get away for that amount of time.

2010 Black GL1800

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

I've been on the edge of doing this ride for several yrs, but could never pull the trigger, usually for work reasons...... I've been self-employed for 40 yrs & have found someone to cover for me - allowing me to "escape" this year to do the ride.

I ordered my maps yesterday; downloaded the latest maps for my Zumo yesterday & will spend a lot of time between now'n'then deciding "what goes - what stays" equipment-wise, etc......

I will do several "tune-up" rides of 500 +/- mi. (on days-off; weekends-off; etc.,) when spring/summer arrive to get my petite lil' deirrerre in shape !

adios - Dave / Farmington

1st RF : Kuhmo Spt XRP RF, 195/55/16 @ 32 psi & 2 oz. Dynabeads - (replaced after 20K Miles)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Seasoned Member

I lived in Desloge for a few years back in the 90s. I'm sure there are plenty of nice rides to be found around there.

2010 Black GL1800

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

I won't hold living in Desloge against you - as that's where I grew up (No. Harding St.) & graduated NCHS in '70.... I moved to Farmington after college & have been here ever since...... Desloge is still sputtering along - still picking fights w/all their n'bors.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page