GL1800Riders Forums banner

Williston, North and South

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Gizmo 
#1 ·
Looking to travel from Plentywood to Williston, and south to the black hills, I know a while back, the Hiway was under construction, with lots of oil traffic, , has the traffic situation improved ? Would you recommend this route ?
Thanks

#2 ·
Highway 85

Are you talking about Highway 85? I haven't been that way in awhile but I have heard the construction is on going as they are changing it to 4 lane split highway which will take awhile as it's a ways. For the most part the highway is good to travel. Truck traffic is still heavy, have to watch out for them pulling off secondary roads and of course the passing. Take a look at the DOT map as this is the most up-to-date..

What time of the year are you planning? its still a bit cold here in good old ND. Some days are starting to warm up but nights are still below freezing. But it's ND and if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes it will change.

#4 ·
85 is under construction for about 10 miles south of Williston. Traffic is affected very little. The rest of the road is 4-lane to Watford City and no problem at all. From Watford south is good 2-lane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.