Long Distance (SS1000, BBG, etc.) Discussion, Planning, Etc. - Page 18 - GL1800Riders
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthom View Post
It took a bit longer, but four certs will be on the way!

Why to Whynot
SS2000
BBG
50CC

Hey, look - even the .sigpic is updated!!!
Congrats Ken!! I'm still planning on a May BBG and maybe the SS2000 along with my 50CC.
kwthom likes this.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Blue Highway][SIZE=2]

2010 Level 3 DDS#1146 IBA#55800 SS1Kx2, SS2K,BB1500,BBGold Certified
Disclaimer:This poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. This poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by Pooch; 04-09-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:42 PM

Hi Ken,

I'm back, but under a new user name as the old Texas T wouldn't work for me any more. I was surprised (and pleased) to see how this thread has really thrived in the past 4 years.

I sold the Concours and got the Wing running again. I took Brenda to breakfast at Tag's in Coolidge this morning. It was the first time we had been on the bike since the stroke, three and a half years ago.

I'll be doing the Tour Of Honor again this year, but I'll probably just knock off a location or two on the weekends since she wants to ride with me and I'm not sure what her stamina will be yet. If it all works out I may do a SS1K in Sept/Oct to get all seven sites, but I really need to build up my own stamina. My back is sore just from the ride down to Coolidge and back. I really did let myself get out of shape.

I read your in-progress ride report on ADV. Very impressive. And a big congrats for all the certs you recently got. Going to shoot for the IBR in 2019?

Brian
kwthom likes this.

Brian & Brenda * 2002 Gold Wing * IBA 50053 & 50354 * Tour Of Honor rider since 2012
post #173 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRDR View Post
<...>I read your in-progress ride report on ADV. Very impressive. And a big congrats for all the certs you recently got. Going to shoot for the IBR in 2019?

Brian
Hey there, stranger!

Good to read things continue to progress on that side of the screen for both of ya...

The Connie is gone, and the Wing is all set up for battle still. The two of ya will do the riding you're capable of doing, no matter what condition you're in; don't worry about that!

Thanks. Me? Rally mode? Naah; think I'm gonna be like @Grandpawinger and be a cert wh... er, collector for the time being.

I have the last little bit of that RR to get finished - hope to have that done tonight, once I find a few more photos from the ride to embed. Then, to start the 50cc RR, which I'll also post there. Hope you saw the YouTube video I made for that as well.

The next ride is up to Alamo, NV next month for the Team Lyle event. Marc is the guest rallymaster this year; maybe I can get some pointers from IBA#505.

Keep in touch...

● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ● IBA #50030 ●

post #174 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRDR View Post
Hi Ken,

I'm back, but under a new user name as the old Texas T wouldn't work for me any more. I was surprised (and pleased) to see how this thread has really thrived in the past 4 years.

I sold the Concours and got the Wing running again. I took Brenda to breakfast at Tag's in Coolidge this morning. It was the first time we had been on the bike since the stroke, three and a half years ago.

I'll be doing the Tour Of Honor again this year, but I'll probably just knock off a location or two on the weekends since she wants to ride with me and I'm not sure what her stamina will be yet. If it all works out I may do a SS1K in Sept/Oct to get all seven sites, but I really need to build up my own stamina. My back is sore just from the ride down to Coolidge and back. I really did let myself get out of shape.

I read your in-progress ride report on ADV. Very impressive. And a big congrats for all the certs you recently got. Going to shoot for the IBR in 2019?

Brian

Howdy Brian, good to see your back and you guys are starting to ride again.
kwthom and LDRDR like this.

'04 Titanium ABS
Double Darksider
IBA #22990

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page