Glockjock Ride To Eat April 23, 2016 - GL1800Riders
 78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Glockjock Ride To Eat April 23, 2016

WHAT

It's time to formally announce this year's RTE to my house at Dam B Texas. It will be our 3rd RTE, as we keep trying to get it right. This is an open invitation to all my forum friends past, present, and future.

WHEN and WHY

The main event will be Saturday April 23, 2016 and I'll ring the dinner bell about 11:30 AM. However, many of the cool crowd will arrive Friday and camp either at my house, or the Magnolia Ridge COE campground about a mile from my house, or get a motel room in nearby Jasper or Woodville. The only advantage of the COE campground versus my house is the public showers at the COE park for you clean freaks. The Friday arrivals usually swing by my house where we toss a few logs on the fire, grill a few burgers, drink one or fourteen beers, and trash talk those who are not there. GLKeith and Wild Turkey (Marvin) usually show of their culinary skills and whip up better food than what I'll serve the next day.

We've negotiated discounts at a couple of motels in Jasper. The Holiday Inn (409) 384-8400 at 501 W Gibson has either a king or double queen bed for $99.95 plus tax for a total of $112.95. The Best Western (409) 384-7767 at 205 W. Gibson has a queen for 80.99, a king for $85.49, and two beds for $90.99, all plus applicable taxes. Reference the Glockjock Gathering for discounts.

Coffee will be ready under my carport by 7:00 AM Saturday. FYI, the Redneck Snack Shack, a little diner near the caution light at Dam B has an excellent breakfast burrito.

I want to publically apologize to my good friend Jeff Head (Three Eagles) who will be unable to attend this RTE solely because I screwed up and announced the April 23 date even after he had told me that the only time he couldn't come was that weekend for his daughter will be getting married that weekend. I completely forgot that when I was throwing darts at the calendar, and once I put the date out there it was too late to change it. Jeff, I promise it won't happen again.

In the past we've held this RTE in March but we moved it to April so that some of our frozen friends from the far north may attend. Last year a monsoon tried to rain us out, but 50+ people still came and had fun. Once you get here I have enough roofed area to keep you dry, but it you can predict the Southeast Texas weather you should play the lottery.

WHERE

My GPS coordinates are 30.867172,-94.247118and my address is 1690 CR 3650, Colmesneil, TX. I'm located at the intersection of County Road 3650 and FM 92 just north of Dam B. To find it, look up the towns of Jasper and Woodville in Southeast Texas. Notice that Highway 190 runs east and west between these two towns. About halfway between Jasper and Woodville (about a mile west of Stienhagen Lake) on Highway 190 you'll see FM 92 from the South intersecting Highway 190. This intersection, marked by a flashing caution light and an Exxon convenience store, is the thriving metropolis of Dam B. Now, continue north across 190 on FM 92 for 1.75 miles and you'll find CR 3650 intersecting FM 92. I live on the southwest corner of that intersection. You'll know my place by the big white barn and garage, and the gunfire and banjo music. My telephone number is 409-728-0097 just in case.

ENTERTAINMENT

What happens in my back yard stays in my back yard unless somebody takes a picture of it, then we'll all poke fun at you. This is a family-oriented gathering but I live in the country so up to a point we can let the loose ends flap.

The main entertainment is the people. A "meet and greet" at my place allows us to actually visit and talk much more than does the "ride-to-eat" at a restaurant. You'll have a chance to get up close and personal with people who have been only cyber friends, and see accessories and mods in person instead of just seeing pictures on a forum. For example, Zackybilly and his Starship Enterprise Goldwing/Tailwind combo are always a huge attraction.

Many people enjoy popping a few caps on my side-lot shooting range. Don't tell Obama, but I think Fast Eddie is bringing his black rifle. I'll have more targets set up now that I know how many people enjoy it.

My wife got a karaoke system for Christmas, and it needs breaking in. I know that at least a few of my friends are secure enough in their manhood to belt out a few tunes. Perhaps the 2013/2014 RAT Pack, led by MisterK, Dosxxs, Steve Gold, Brian Hand, 1 Big Skeeter, Ironhorse 1800, and Phydeaux will perform Macho Man in the musical stylings of the Village People. I have absolutely no idea what Yoda will do, but he's a born entertainer and can't resist an empty microphone, so whatever he does we will enjoy it.

DOOR PRIZES

I'll have a few door prizes, probably some Goldwing maintenance items. If history repeats itself perhaps some of my extremely generous friends will also donate a few prizes.

I'll try to come up with a few special recognition prizes for categories such as the long-distance rider, etc. I'd be very interested in suggestions for categories. Any ideas?

MENU

The Saturday meal will consist of pecan-smoked brisket, smoked and grilled pork loin chops, boudin, sausage links, baked beans, potato salad, iced tea, and soft drinks. For dessert we'll have several flavors of Blue Bell ice cream. Now on top of what I have planned, many people bring their own goodies, and this thing turns into a veritable cornucopia of cuisine.

WHAT TO BRING

If you want to drink anything stronger than tea you'll need to BYOB. The closest beer and wine stores are about 15 miles away in Woodville and Jasper. It is about 25 miles to the closest liquor stores.

Ammo and safety glasses. Lots of ammo. Paciia (Mark Pipkin) donated a box of ear plugs, so we're all set for hearing protection. If you'd like to shoot one I'll offer my scoped Ruger .44 Magnum, Glock .45 ACP, and Ruger Slabside .22 target pistol. All you'll have to supply is the ammo to feed them.

If you can strap a folding chair onto your bike it might come in handy, for I presently have only 50 or so chairs.

COST

Zero, zilch, nada. My plan is for this to be on the house. That hasn't worked out too well in the past because in spite of my intentions, somebody would set out a donation jar to cover my expenses. I recently discovered this extremely nice person, but I promised not to embarrass them by revealing their name. However, here's a hint- This person sleeps with Yoda. Now, that narrows the field of suspects down only a dozen or so people, and most of them are women.

While we truly appreciate the thought, most of the people who attend will have already spent a lot of money on food, gas, and other costs just getting here. The least I can do is feed you! It means a great deal to Edith and me that you are willing to come to this event, and the cost of production is a mere pittance compared to the good will you have shown us.

Please reply to this thread so I can get a rough headcount. Even if you don't reply come on anyway for we'll have far more then enough food.

See you then!

FL Cracker likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Glockjock

2006 Titanium GL 1800, ABS
2008 Tailwind trailer
IBA #33072
Darksider #163
Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy Member #1
RAT PACK 2013

I ride too fast, too far, and too often to ride anything but a Goldwing rolling on a car tire pulling a Tailwind trailer because friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

Last edited by Glockjock; 02-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Glen, I plan on being there come hail or high water.

gramps

Troy, Michigan 2007 Goldwing
IBA 45141
BBG X5
SS2000 Gold

Mile Eater Bronze, Silver, and Gold
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Date saved!

Glen, add my wingman and Rat Pack roommate, Clarkster to the Macho Man crew. I know for a fact that he can sing loud ... In his sleep!

Ironhorse1800, Hoss
2004 VTX1800N3 Red, Darkside Goodyear Assurance Tripletred 205/60/R16
2008 GL1800 ABS/NAV Red, Darkside #1273
[B]Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 / [COLOR=#000000]Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS

post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse1800 View Post
Date saved!

Glen, add my wingman and Rat Pack roommate, Clarkster to the Macho Man crew. I know for a fact that he can sing loud ... In his sleep!

I've wondered about Clark. I haven't seen him a LONG time, but I hope he does come to this RTE. I enjoyed meeting him, and I'm looking forward to seeing you and Carolyn again.

Glen

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Glockjock

2006 Titanium GL 1800, ABS
2008 Tailwind trailer
IBA #33072
Darksider #163
Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy Member #1
RAT PACK 2013

I ride too fast, too far, and too often to ride anything but a Goldwing rolling on a car tire pulling a Tailwind trailer because friends don't let friends vote Democrat.

post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Yee-haw. You know I'll be there again - besides, after as much grief as I gave Fast Eddie for not being there last year (weasel came up with some excuse or another ) it would be to my detriment if I did not attend this year.

If possible, I do desire some tent space under your awning, or at least away from the fire ant mounds

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampawinger View Post
Glen, I plan on being there come hail or high water. gramps.
Well, we had both of those last year so that's a pretty fair statement.

Grampawinger likes this.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Seasoned Member

Glockjock, you have already received and answered my request. Looking forward. May be early evening on the 22nd. before I arrive. I have not decided yet if I will ride straight thru or stop on the way.

GL1800A Interceptor Illusion Red
Florida Prowler #100
IBA#64117
www.facebook.com/Bobbysokcorral

"Freedom is the length of the chain between a stake in the ground and reality"
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Seasoned Member

I'm in..... I am a macho man....but I ain't singing about it LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kevin

IBA# 55527

Rat Pack 2013

2010 Old Yeller Level 2

Windbender HPS with rake kit

DS: Running yoko's and mich primacy's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterK View Post
I'm in..... I am a macho man....but I ain't singing about it LOL
And the rest of us appreciate that immensely.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Seasoned Member

Honest Honey , Glen has no idea what he is talking about and that's not what he meant. In the last 47 years I have only slept with you dear, Honest ,cross my heart , pinky swear . Well , there was that time.........WAIT ------ I'm just kidding honey, please take your finger off that triger , please. I love you honey , Honest .

"On many long journeys have I gone. And waited , too , for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return ; some are broken ;some come back so different only their names remain"

Last edited by Yoda; 02-05-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page