Death Valley over Presidents Day Holiday - Page 4 - GL1800Riders
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Seasoned Member

Las Vegas has loads of motorcycle rentals so you could fly in, rent a scoot and travel to Beatty!
kwthom likes this.

Glenn

2005 30th Anniversary Gold Wing

2012 Silver Wing

1974 Trail 90

American Legion Riders Post 12
Wickenburg, AZ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:02 AM
Seasoned Member

It's a JPG; you'd have to turn that into an image in order to post it.

We've done a variation of that ride on Sunday's ride. The 266/168 stretch is rather fun. ;D

● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ● IBA #50030 ●
post #33 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 07:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Hehehehehe...

From the JPG that @UNCLEJOHN posted:

Quote:
Any midsize to larger machine that loves to dance in the corners and is comfortable on the bee lines is great. Fuel range is an important consideration, so know your motorcycle's capability.
Funny, until you've been there, done that and go "man, it *is* a long way to civilization!"

● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ● IBA #50030 ●

post #34 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Any other roads left to visit?

Road Closures

Lower Wildrose Road: Closed between the Wildrose Campground and Panamint Valley Road. Access to Wildrose Campground, Wildrose Peak and Telescope Peak trails is possible via Emigrant Canyon Road from CA 190.

Upper Wildrose Road: Closed from Charcoal Kilns to Mahogany Flat due to snow.

Scotty's Castle Road: Open from CA-190 to Ubehebe Crater Road. Closed into Grapevine Canyon (Bonnie Claire Road) due to flood damage. No access to Scotty's Castle or NV-267.

Racetrack Road, Ubehebe Crater, and Mesquite Spring Campground are not affected by this closure.

Artist's Drive: Will be closed from January 9, 2017 through March 16, 2017 for much needed flood repairs.

Keane Wonder Road and Mine: Closed due to mine safety hazards.

2015 Level 2
post #35 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
Any other roads left to visit?
Sure:

CA190 in the park is great...

There's also Daylight Pass Road, Beatty Rd, Badwater Rd., Jubilee Pass Rd. and Dante's View Rd.
post #36 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghmpm View Post
Just for information sake. I can not make the President's Day jaunt this year. But my son rides a Kawasaki KLR and they are having a camp-out at Furnace Creek on January 19-22. The KLR's are going to do some off roading, including my son. There is one man however that has medical issues that can't do the off-road, so he asked to ride with me through the park. I will most likely be on Goldwing so NO off road.LOL.
My son and I will be staying in Beatty either the Motel 6 or at the Stagecoach. Another Goldwing friend may be going as well.

Please I am NOT trying to poach members from the President's Day weekend; but if you can't make that one feel free to PM me if you want to join us.
Curious as to how your stay at Beatty and ride into DV went.

Paul... Vietnam Vet, 65/66/67, We're not here for a long time, just a good time!, '04 Durango Red 55,500 smiles, '01 Illusion Red, 167,500 smiles-Sold 01/27/2011, Kwik Kamp Trailer, Patriot Guard Rider,
Central CA.
post #37 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
The way things have been going, this could be a swim. Have fun out there! Bring your trunks.
CAWing likes this.

This is my signature block. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My signature block is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life....
post #38 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bird View Post
The way things have been going, this could be a swim. Have fun out there! Bring your trunks.
I've got the pontoons next to the bike just waiting to install them. For me to get there it may be the snow that I have to worry about. One year I had to cancel my reservations because Tehachapi Pass was shut down due to ice/snow.

Paul... Vietnam Vet, 65/66/67, We're not here for a long time, just a good time!, '04 Durango Red 55,500 smiles, '01 Illusion Red, 167,500 smiles-Sold 01/27/2011, Kwik Kamp Trailer, Patriot Guard Rider,
Central CA.

Last edited by CAWing; 01-24-2017 at 05:11 PM.
post #39 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWing View Post
I've got the pontoons next to the bike just waiting to install them. For me to get there it may be the snow that I have to worry about.
[SIZE="7"]SNOW YOU WANT SNOW [/SIZE]I have just spent the last two days plowing out my yard and all of the neighbors. I am also concerned about the snow keeping me from attending.
Hope we get some warm weather and at least melt off the roads some. That trailering idea is looking better and better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 195/55/16 (22,000miles)
Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55R/16
Darksider #1233
post #40 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
[SIZE="7"]SNOW YOU WANT SNOW [/SIZE]I have just spent the last two days plowing out my yard and all of the neighbors. I am also concerned about the snow keeping me from attending.
Hope we get some warm weather and at least melt off the roads some. That trailering idea is looking better and better.
I always thought of you as a tough guy and now you're whining just like that Bobby C fella.

Central CA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page