2017 Rogers Ride In - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Seasoned Member

Ray was there any issues last year with noise or damage"s ? I know "wingers" can get a little rowdy around a "campfire " at nite but all ridin's i've been to no problems . That being said i dont blame you for not signing !!

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

No, never been a problem, but I have never had to sign a contact either..

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed"
--Thomas Jefferson

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

post #13 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver0856 View Post
Ya know, I've really worked hard to try to make this happen this year,but at every turn trying to set this up there has been one hurdle after another.

They just sent me a contact to sign to set this up. There are several stipulations in it that I don't like and I don't agree to. The first is, if there is a negative variance of %20 in rooms booked, they want to reserve the right to renegotiate room rates. I am lime , wtf? So if 6 people cancel or 20 rooms is all that gets booked , then you want us to pay more money?

The other thing is, holding me and the entire group of whomever makes a reservation liable for lost revenue if there is excessive noise, damages or personal injury. This means if we make noise in the lobby or parking lot and someone gets upset and leaves the hotel demanding a refund, the group is liable?

Ya , I think not...

I'm not signing this. Sorry folks, this may not happen after all..
Ray

Wow, what a mess!! I would NOT sign that either!!

Well let me throw this out ... I for one, would not be disappointed if we moved this over to Harrison? I know the Hotel is not as nice, but the folks in Harrison were nice to us and the riding over there is better anyway!!

Just my thoughts!!??

Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014
Pirelli SnowControl Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
Pirelli Cinturato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 44 PSI
Traxxion by Paul Bihm - Midwest Custom Cycle Work
Darkside #623 - 200,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
IBA # 42128

post #14 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Seasoned Member

I agree with Bob ..and make it one week later ...just kidding ...Harrison is much more centrally located to all the good roads.
Monk likes this.

DonnieOnTheRoad

2013 (Lev3) Candy Alizarin Red Honda Goldwing - 92,409 miles
2011 Black Suzuki V-Strom 650A - 24,060 miles

* My previous Black 2004 Goldwing - 278,419 miles in 9+ years.

My Road Trip Blog/Journals --> http://donnieontheroad.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Life is like riding a motorcycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving ... nothing but two wheels and the open road!
post #15 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Agree, Harrison is a lot better

Kevin

IBA# 55527

Rat Pack 2013

2010 Old Yeller Level 2

Windbender HPS with rake kit

DS: Running yoko's and mich primacy's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #16 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

There is another item that I will not sign this for.. I am responsible to either help them collect damages or I am liable for them..

I'm sorry folks, but this ride in isn't happening unless someone else wants to sign for it. I can't sign this contract. I never had to do this last year.

Sorry folks, the Rogers ride in is history..

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed"
--Thomas Jefferson

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

post #17 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 10:35 PM
Seasoned Member

Ray, there's gotta be another hotel in the area that won't put you through this BS!, maybe Harrison would be better after all.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Blue Highway][SIZE=2]

2010 Level 3 DDS#1146 IBA#55800 SS1K x2, SS2K,BB1500,BBGold Certified
Disclaimer:This poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. This poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.
[/COLOR]
post #18 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Ya, I am so done. This has been a headache and stress for two weeks trying to get this figured out..

I'm going to try one more time, Monday ,I'm going to call the gm and see what I can get done.

If that doesn't accomplish anything, I am done ..

--Thomas Jefferson

post #19 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 08:38 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
There is another item that I will not sign this for.. I am responsible to either help them collect damages or I am liable for them..

I'm sorry folks, but this ride in isn't happening unless someone else wants to sign for it. I can't sign this contract. I never had to do this last year.

Sorry folks, the Rogers ride in is history..
Thanks again, sorry for the migraine, hotels/motels can be tough to deal with. They are about one thing, scalping folks for profit. Their ever changing rates is typical corporate greed.

So, we might have to invade a national forest campground. That's good enough for me.

Oh yeah, I can just about imagine, a bunch of wingers tearing everything up. She has us mixed up with the sport bike crowd.......

May I pass you? I've got a Harley chasing me!!! #1378
2012 Gold Wing Level 4
post #20 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 09:01 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Ya, I am so done. This has been a headache and stress for two weeks trying to get this figured out..

I'm going to try one more time, Monday ,I'm going to call the gm and see what I can get done.

If that doesn't accomplish anything, I am done ..
Ray, I hope you can some headway with the general manager. I totally understand if you wanna give up on it, contracts suck, not like you're some promoter making money on this event or anything. Battling out with a hotel for two weeks, only to not get anywhere and go to the next hotel would pizz me right off. Figures.... the stars all aligned for me this year and the dates don't clash with the Dells ride in.

I'm definitely going to try to make the Harrison ride in for the fall. I miss you guys.

-Don
"Simple is as simple does."

DS#788

Current inventory-

2008 GL1800P- Challenger Brown Metallic
2013 Victory Vision Tour- Solid Black
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R- Metallic Spark Black
2002 Kawasaki KZ1000p(olice)- Black/White

Links-

Walrus crumbs-http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...3fXcRKf8f5YLSy

Victory Vision forum-http://gl1800riders.com/forums/74-wi...-new-bike.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page