2017 Rogers Ride In - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Seasoned Member

Some More Thoughts

Unfortunate that the motel there in Roger’s is being so difficult and I can certainly understand why Ray wouldn’t want to sign anything that makes any of us or him libel. Who would? They obviously don’t want our business and I think we should oblige and move the event not only to another motel but to another motel in another town. Harrison would be an excellent choice for both the Spring and the Fall event in my opinion. The Ride-In event is about meeting and developing friendships with fellow Riders and Riding the best curvy roads in the great state of Arkansas NOT specifically any particular attraction in Rogers. I’ve never felt Rogers was ideally located for riding anyway since nothing West of that location offers anything … everything is to the East of there not to mention the traffic getting in and out of that town to get to the good curvy roads.

I’m going to get out of winter jail for an early Spring ride during the first week in Feb and I may be hooking up with Bob (Monk) in Morrilton, Arkansas for some early season riding over that way in the Ozark's if weather permitting. If nothing is forth coming regarding this event in April Bob and I may do some scouting around at that time and see if we can find an alternate location and motel that would accommodate us. NOT going to promise anything but we both love this event to much and don’t want to see it just fall away.

Ray ... thanks for trying again on Monday (really appreciate it) and we’ll wait to see what the finally results are from your efforts then. Other Locations that Bob and I have discussed are ....The Arkansas River Valley area (Morrilton or Russellville) would give people good access to Petit Jean, Nebo and Magazine along with anything in northern Arkansas.

If any one else has any other suggestion … let’s hear them.

Donnie
Monk and speckfisher like this.

DonnieOnTheRoad

2013 (Lev3) Candy Alizarin Red Honda Goldwing - 92,409 miles
2011 Black Suzuki V-Strom 650A - 24,060 miles

* My previous Black 2004 Goldwing - 278,419 miles in 9+ years.

My Road Trip Blog/Journals --> http://donnieontheroad.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Life is like riding a motorcycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving ... nothing but two wheels and the open road!

Last edited by Donnieontheroad; 01-28-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Ray,
This is unfortunate but I don't blame you one bit for not signing. I would support moving the venue too (to Harrison). Any thoughts or considerations about moving to "The Hub"? They are motorcycle folk and I'm sure would welcome our group. Two years ago I attended Zackbillys gathering at the Hub and it was great. Rooms certainly are nothing to brag about but clean, and functional. There is a restaurant on site and the food was very good.
For those unfamiliar, its less than 10 miles south of Harrison on Hwy 7. http://www.hubinfo.com
Just a thought....
I see they have another gathering there on Sat/Sunday, the "Hillbilly Dual Sport". Maybe they could accommodate us too?
speckfisher likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"First Run Flat Tires on a Two Wheeler"
2012 GL 1800 ABS
2008 GL 1800 Airbag
2002 GL 1800 Level 1
1978 GL 1000 "Outrageous"
1973 CB 750 Gold
Darksider #443

Last edited by jhughes556; 01-28-2017 at 05:42 PM.
post #23 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Randal, at the Hub, would love to have a Goldwing group stay with him. Scooters restaurant on the premises has great food with a prime rib and catfish that are both as good as you will find anywhere. The motel is older but it is clean and has plenty of space to hang out and kick the tires so to speak. If there are those that want to camp he has allowed campers on the grounds of the Hub. Fire pit and patio are available to use as gathering points. I do not know at this time if the local Chamber will host another rally on the date the we usually have a fall ride in Harrison. I might be time to combine these into a Northwest Arkansas gathering. The only thing about the Hub is that they book up very early with groups every weekend. If we decide to go this route we need to contact them soon. If I can help in anyway just let me know.
speckfisher likes this.

'01 GL1800 Pearl Blue
GWBBA #68
Darkside Rider #676[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16

post #24 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandman View Post
Randal, at the Hub, would love to have a Goldwing group stay with him. Scooters restaurant on the premises has great food with a prime rib and catfish that are both as good as you will find anywhere. The motel is older but it is clean and has plenty of space to hang out and kick the tires so to speak. If there are those that want to camp he has allowed campers on the grounds of the Hub. Fire pit and patio are available to use as gathering points. I do not know at this time if the local Chamber will host another rally on the date the we usually have a fall ride in Harrison. I might be time to combine these into a Northwest Arkansas gathering. The only thing about the Hub is that they book up very early with groups every weekend. If we decide to go this route we need to contact them soon. If I can help in anyway just let me know.

Excellent idea, especially for us who like to camp!
speckfisher likes this.

Kevin

IBA# 55527

Rat Pack 2013

2010 Old Yeller Level 2

Windbender HPS with rake kit

DS: Running yoko's and mich primacy's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #25 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Seasoned Member

POST A PLACE ...........THEY WILL COME !!
Walrus and speckfisher like this.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #26 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 01:07 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterK View Post
Excellent idea, especially for us who like to camp!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLEJOHN View Post
POST A PLACE ...........THEY WILL COME !!
I'm heading that way for the mentioned dates. Camp, hotel, someone's back yard, who cares. It's all about the ride and the fellowship.
CAC likes this.

May I pass you? I've got a Harley chasing me!!! #1378
2012 Gold Wing Level 4
post #27 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:09 AM
Seasoned Member

Go Ray Go!

Although we have liked the faculties and the management at the Homewood Suites over the years, Denise , Dad and I have no problems with an April Arkansas ride being moved to the East. Ray, if the Homewood wants to make it unreasonable for you (us) as a group, we have no issues with a move to another location. After all it"s the comradery that make the ride a success. I, for one, will back any decision that you are comfortable making. Thanks for the work that you are putting into this.
CAC likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blue Knights KS Chapter V, Wardens On Wheels '05 Metallic Silver Darksider #1077
Upholding the
thin green line.
post #28 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:54 PM
Seasoned Member

I live in Russellville and it is a great location to use as a hub. The problem is that we have a two-unit nuclear power plant that has refueling outages in the spring and fall. When this happens, we have a few weeks where all the available hotel rooms are taken. This doesn't happen every season, but does pretty often. The dates we would need this year will be right in the middle of our refueling outage, so Russellville won't work this year. That being said, I work there so I may not get to ride more than one day. Looking forward to seeing everyone, wherever we go. Morrillton has a new hotel that might work. Harrison is a known commodity and would also be a great location. Hot Springs has a lot of rooms available and would make it easier to ride the roads down south. It's also closer for our Louisiana and Texas riders. Mountain Home would be another possibility and put us closer to the roads in that area.

There's my 2 cents worth.
post #29 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:17 PM
CAC
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver0856 View Post
There is another item that I will not sign this for.. I am responsible to either help them collect damages or I am liable for them..

I'm sorry folks, but this ride in isn't happening unless someone else wants to sign for it. I can't sign this contract. I never had to do this last year.

Sorry folks, the Rogers ride in is history..

I agree, but isn't there a place of lodging directly behind? I stayed there one year and it was cheaper than the group rate anyway.
post #30 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:21 PM
CAC
Seasoned Member

Were there damages in past years? the times I've been there, I didn't notice any problems. Which surprised me with the motley crew that shows up. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page