63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

2017 Rogers Ride In

OK!

We have reached an agreement!
Finally!

After many emails and phone calls back and forth, I was finally able to get them to match last years rate, except for Wednesday. I beat them up pretty hard! They did want to charge $99 a night and I just kept on them , so y'all better not let me down and get your behinds to Arkansas for some great spring riding!

The 2017 Rogers Arkansas ride in will be on April 19th(Wednesday) through April 23rd (Sunday) This includes rate reductions for early arrivals on Wednesday and late departures on Monday. Wednesdays rate will not be as big a discount as they have a lot of corporate clientele on Wednesdays. The regular rate for the hotel is $159.00 plus tax.

The rates will be;
Wednesday April 19 - $129
Thursday April 20 – Sun April 23 - $89
All rates are plus tax.

I won't be signing the booking agreement until tomorrow, so the group rate is not set up to call and make reservations yet.
After I sign and return the agreement then reservations can be made. I will post again once that is done to let y'all know.

Hotel information;
Tell them you want to book a room for the Goldwing Riders.

Homewood suites
4302 W Walnut St, Rogers, AR 72756
(479) 636-5656
Walrus and speckfisher like this.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed"
--Thomas Jefferson

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Last edited by Macgyver0856; 01-26-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Thank You, Ray!!!!
speckfisher likes this.

Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014
Pirelli SnowControl Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
Pirelli Cinturato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 44 PSI
Traxxion by Paul Bihm - Midwest Custom Cycle Work
Darkside #623 - 190,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
IBA # 42128

post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Bump the thread, new edited info in OP...

You're welcome Bob!

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed"
--Thomas Jefferson

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Thanks for setting this up Ray.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
speckfisher likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Excellent, I'm attending this prestigious event. I'll wait for a prompt to call and make my reservations. Thanks for all of the hard work and tough price negotiations on behalf of us retired folks. I appreciate your efforts, your first cheeseburger, large fry, and rootbeer is on me......

May I pass you? I've got a Harley chasing me!!! #1378
2012 Gold Wing Level 4
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Y'all are welcome! I had to keep at them. We lost a few people last year after they remodeled and raised the rate to $89. After.much arguing with them about the group rate, I finally just told them if they couldn't match last years rate, then there would not be a ride in..

At that point they conceded.
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Seasoned Member

Ray, thanks for setting this up, and for your persistence in negotiating a great rate for us! To anyone who hasn't been, this is a terrific value price for a first-class hotel. It's on my calendar!
speckfisher likes this.

​2015 F6B Deluxe matte silver
IBA member #48367
SS 1,000 9/5/11
BBG 1,500 3/16/13
SS 2,000 3/16/13
CC50 3/16/13
Darkside #975
Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
front Bridgestone G709, 36#
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Seasoned Member

Garage
The Ozarks are so unique. Its not Mountains in the usual way. I understand them to have been large flat plains that were pushed up to form these elevated mountain ridges. This terrain makes for some great twisties riding, but also some of the best sweepers in this country. I love the sweepers in the Ozarks, it's like major hang time. Looking forward to seeing you all.......
Monk likes this.

May I pass you? I've got a Harley chasing me!!! #1378
2012 Gold Wing Level 4
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Ya know, I've really worked hard to try to make this happen this year,but at every turn trying to set this up there has been one hurdle after another.

They just sent me a contact to sign to set this up. There are several stipulations in it that I don't like and I don't agree to. The first is, if there is a negative variance of %20 in rooms booked, they want to reserve the right to renegotiate room rates. I am lime , wtf? So if 6 people cancel or 20 rooms is all that gets booked , then you want us to pay more money?

The other thing is, holding me and the entire group of whomever makes a reservation liable for lost revenue if there is excessive noise, damages or personal injury. This means if we make noise in the lobby or parking lot and someone gets upset and leaves the hotel demanding a refund, the group is liable?

Ya , I think not...

I'm not signing this. Sorry folks, this may not happen after all..

--Thomas Jefferson

post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Ray, Thanks for doing this, I had a great time last year!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Blue Highway][SIZE=2]

2010 Level 3 DDS#1146 IBA#55800 SS1Kx2, 2K,BB1500,BBGold Certified
Disclaimer:This poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. This poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.
[/COLOR]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page