14th Annual Tennessee Lunch Run - May 2017 - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:49 PM
Seasoned Member

SSNCOB, (& anyone else attending)

Would like to attend. Currently planning a trip there with a buddy & his missus. I am departing from Lawton, OK going up to Joplin, Mo & heading east to Sweetwater. I see the Luncheon is planned for Friday 26 May. What day would be best for planning purposes to arrive in Sweetwater and ride the Dragon with the group, and maybe some other scenic areas routes. I am thinking arrive by 24th.

Anyone's thoughts are appreciated!!

Thanx 1oldSoldier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldsoldier View Post

Would like to attend. Currently planning a trip there with a buddy & his missus. I am departing from Lawton, OK going up to Joplin, Mo & heading east to Sweetwater. I see the Luncheon is planned for Friday 26 May. What day would be best for planning purposes to arrive in Sweetwater and ride the Dragon with the group, and maybe some other scenic areas routes. I am thinking arrive by 24th.

Thanx 1oldSoldier

What is SSNCOB?

"hum, fear not evil I shall"
"All things with Christ's strength I do"

Yoda quoting the Bible.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:02 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando View Post
What is SSNCOB?
I erred in posting. Should have been ssncob. That is OP's handle. I believe that is a navy term of rank. Best of my knowledge, as I am not familiar with ssn, but cob, I think stands for "Chief of Boat".
robeth likes this.

Last edited by 1oldsoldier; 03-31-2017 at 08:28 PM.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldsoldier View Post

Thanx 1oldSoldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando View Post
What is SSNCOB?
What is a ssncob ?? That's a good question, what is he-it-who-whatever ??? Just a guy who likes riding and friendly folks. And a former Chief of the Boat (COB) on nuclear fast attack submarines (SSN) (among other jobs )

As to when to arrive - for those folks doing the Friday RTE at the Dragon Inn at Deals Gap, most spend the night at the Day's Inn in Sweetwater on Thursday night and leave in a group for the luncheon Friday morning. After lunch some folks go ride the Cherahala, others head back on the dragon and stop at the Charles Hall museum in Tellico Plains, others just head off on their own. Coming earlier gives you time to ride some great rides in the local area, lot's of good info on the internet concerning rides in the Tellico Plains area. The Museum is worthwhile to visit, free admission, two different areas to it, and a good t-shirt etc shop. http://www.charleshallmuseum.com/

I'll be heading back to Crossville after lunch to get ready for the main RTE on Saturday at my house Most folks stay in Sweetwater Friday night and head to Crossville in the morning, nice drive. For Saturday - some folks head home after the luncheon, others stay in a local hotel, others will camp out or borrow a bed at the house (see post #1).

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:01 PM
Seasoned Member

In that case, any Chief of Boat on any Submarine of my country is a friend of mine.
Capt. Bob and ssncob like this.

"hum, fear not evil I shall"
"All things with Christ's strength I do"

Yoda quoting the Bible.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Dang it Bro, we got the best site on the water at Notchy Creek that weekend & tickets for a Blackberry Smoke concert at The Shed Sat. night.

Sure y'all are gonna have a big ol' time!
Hafta try an catch ya on the flip.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do...
(if ya can think of anything!)

Peace, Whiskey.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page