Seasoned Member

14th Annual Tennessee Lunch Run - May 2017

The 14th Annual Tennessee Lunch Run

May 27, 2017 (Saturday)
1200 (noon) Central Time Zone
127 Smee Rd.
Crossville, TN 38572

** NOTE THE NEW LOCATION (more info below) **

This lunch run has always been a lot of fun and hopefully will be another great get-together this year as well. Come on up (down, over) to Middle Tennessee in May! And this time no date conflict with the DarkSider’s ride-in.

This year we’re going to try something even different than last year, based on inputs from the last luncheon. As before we’ll still be meeting at Sweetwater the days before for some fine riding, and then doing lunch at the Dragon’s Den Pub & Grill at Deal’s Gap on the Dragon http://www.dealsgap.com/restaurant.htm Lunch is Friday the 26th at 11-ish Eastern Time Zone – early enough to beat some crowds and get afternoon riding in, late enough for those riding in from wherever. And of course the fine Deals Gap Store for your souvenir needs (my wife is hoping they’ve restocked the restaurant T-shirt J)

Important Notice- for those making reservations at the Sweetwater Day's Inn.

Please do NOT use a third-party reservation service such as Kayak, Travelocity, Expedia, etc..

Call the hotel directly @ 423-337-4200

The reservation company’s charge a very high commission rate, and the hotel cannot afford to give us (you) the low rates we have arranged for. Call the hotel directly to get the rates quoted.

For those who stay in Sweetwater at the Days Inn 423-337-4200 we've arranged for a discounted room rate. Queen is 52.99 (60.81), King is 54.99 (63.10) and 2 queens is 62.99 (72.28 (total with tax). Let them know you're part of the Tennessee Lunch Run or Goldwing group. This is a motorcycle friendly hotel; if you need some towels for wiping the bike down just ask at the front desk, they'll bring them to your room. http://www.reservationcounter.com/ho...hotelid=126140

For those who like to camp there is a KOA campground one exit down the highway. http://koa.com/campgrounds/sweetwater/

As before, we're getting door prizes setup and anyone that has something they would like to contribute - please do. You can either bring them with you, or send them to me beforehand (I promise they'll make it to the luncheon ).

** Now regarding the change of address for the luncheon **

Here’s the major change from last year -- after last year’s Saturday Luncheon several of y’all came over to my house for an informal get-together. Got a lot of positive feedback (maybe y’all were just being kind J). Received some requests to skip the Fall Creek Falls buffet and just host it at the house. And that’s exactly what we’re going to do.

Food, cold beverages, horseshoes, motorcycle maintenance in the garage if necessary, farkle comparisons. Even going to fire up our backyard pizza oven and the BBQ for some Build-Your-Own Pizza, burgers, assorted other foods. Nothing fancy, just friendly folks. Address is 127 Smee Rd, Crossville 38572.

And –for those who would like to leaveSunday morning vs. Saturday afternoon after the luncheon – there are a couple of options available for you. One is staying at one of our local hotels, or the other option is staying at my house. I’ve got two guest bedrooms (one spoken for already), a bed in the lanai, couple of pull out couch/beds, and a couple of queen size inflatable beds. And 7400 sqft of driveway and plenty of land for camping and/or a 6-car garage to stay in if it’s raining. Even comes with a hot shower. First come-first serve.

Come one, come all.

Anticipate safely.
robeth, Capt. Bob and Nando like this.

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.

Last edited by ssncob; 02-01-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:23 PM
CJS
Seasoned Member

Garage
Sounds great Jerry. Thanks for putting it all together. I really want to be there. However the 27th is my wife's birthday. So ..... we'll see.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Count me in.

This sound like the kind of Southern Hospitality environment I miss since I left...well Texas. I know it ain't the same as TN, but from where I am, might as well be.

I should be passing by about that time.

You know you are old when what you used to be able to do all day, now it takes you all day to do.

MB # 1

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Seasoned Member

I am putting this on my calendar right now. See ya the pizza party next month?

GL1800A Interceptor Illusion Red
Florida Prowler #100
IBA#64117
www.facebook.com/Bobbysokcorral

"Freedom is the length of the chain between a stake in the ground and reality"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS View Post
Sounds great Jerry. Thanks for putting it all together. I really want to be there. However the 27th is my wife's birthday. So ..... we'll see.

CJ - would love to see ya again, and it would be great if you could come. Understand the birthday thing - (but you could always treat her the week before and the week after and give her a double birthday recognition. Sounds like a win-win - she gets twice as much, and you get to come here. Hoping some more of the Michigan Mob will make it - Rich said he'll be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bob View Post
I am putting this on my calendar right now. See ya the pizza party next month?
Bob, alas not this year. Doing several other rides this year, and really wanted to go to the pizza party (haven't missed one in years, but - - End result - just not enough money to go with the time available .

Double Darksider #847
IBA #54767 BB1500+
Patriot Guard
Who I was yesterday is but a past memory, who I will be tomorrow is in the future. Who I am now and the type of person I am to others, that is what is important now.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Member

I'm in!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Seasoned Member

Sorry Jerry but I can't make it again this year always a week to early for me.
I will be in Bryson City for the Summer starting June 1
Thanks
Gary

Prowler # 99
09 Midnight Blue Roadsmith Trike

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 PM

I haven't been to one in a few years so me and a buddy are going to try to make this one he rides a st1300 but he a good guy anyway.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:38 AM
Seasoned Member

If I am off work that weekend Wife and I may ride up for the day. I am starting a new Job April 3rd and will be on a rotating shift so I may have to work. If not I am only 80 miles away to ride up for the day then back home in the evening.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Ok guys, count me in for this. I'm gonna set up my rolling circus over at the Sweetwater KOA for 10 days or so through the holiday weekend.

Not sure I'll be riding yet, or even still have a bike... but look forward to seeing & hanging out with y'all again.
robeth likes this.

Tom
USMC: '81 - '89
FAA: '92 - '13
Now RETIRED & Loving it!

'07 Honda GL1800A Goldwing
'14 Ford F-450 PLATINUM
'14 Dutchmen VOLTAGE 3200 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page