NY Finger Lakes Region - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

Take in the Curtiss Museum...the frickin' guy was absolutely amazing!

Florida Prowler #23
DS#933 - 100,000 (smiles)
2008 Pearl White GL1800A Canada
2012 Pearl White GL1800A USA
ATGATT
All The Gear All The Time

Keep the shiny side up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Seasoned Member

I always wanted to go up 75 between Lake Huron and lake Michigan, after a quick stop in Brooklyn.

Bad weather has always prevented me--every freaking Summer--and I am hoping this will be the Summer when I time it right. A detour through the Finger Lakes now sound like a great idea.

Then, after stopping at Aerostich (in Duluth) and spending money like a fool on riding gear I probably don't need, head West on lonely Hwy2 all the way to Seattle.

Don't hold my breath, every Summer I do something differ than I planned.

"hum, fear not evil I shall"
"All things with Christ's strength I do"

Yoda quoting the Bible.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

See after trying to bust your chops earlier because you were from you know where, I hope I came through for you with info lol.

Allen

Shoot, you call that chops-bustin'?

Vt may be in the process of losing some of my almighty tourist dollars. I'll check in with Ed. I did a ride with his group once in Ma.
Maybe in June we can tear up a couple of crapped-out roads together.
jk
roadrunner1800 likes this.

Fighting for YOUR right to revise any post you don't like.
'05 GL1800 Silver
'87 HD FXR Low Rider
'80 KZ750

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando View Post
I always wanted to go up 75 between Lake Huron and lake Michigan, after a quick stop in Brooklyn.

Bad weather has always prevented me--every freaking Summer--and I am hoping this will be the Summer when I time it right. A detour through the Finger Lakes now sound like a great idea.

Then, after stopping at Aerostich (in Duluth) and spending money like a fool on riding gear I probably don't need, head West on lonely Hwy2 all the way to Seattle.

Don't hold my breath, every Summer I do something differ than I planned.
If you're genuinely interested in spending $ on gear you don't need, take a detour east on the Kancamagus Hwy (112) to Whitehorse Gear in E. Conway, NH, just before you hit the Maine border. They can help.
roadrunner1800 and jlbc212 like this.

'05 GL1800 Silver
'87 HD FXR Low Rider
'80 KZ750

Last edited by Justin K.; 02-02-2017 at 11:07 AM.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
If you're genuinely interested in spending $ on gear you don't need, take a detour east on the Kancamagus Hwy (112) to Whitehorse Gear in E. Conway, NH, just before you hit the Maine border. They can help.

As Justin suggested Whitehorse Gear is a great rider destination and store in the Conway, NH area....they also have a thriving business on the Internet. I've been there many times over the last ten years and bought my Tourmaster riding jacket there among other items. One of the best features of the store, other than the ability to see and try on different brands of riding gear before plunking down your cash or plastic, is that they go out of their way to help the customer while still offering a no pressure sales environment.

Allen

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor
Bridgestone BT45
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner1800 View Post
As Justin suggested Whitehorse Gear is a great rider destination and store in the Conway, NH area....they also have a thriving business on the Internet. I've been there many times over the last ten years and bought my Tourmaster riding jacket there among other items. One of the best features of the store, other than the ability to see and try on different brands of riding gear before plunking down your cash or plastic, is that they go out of their way to help the customer while still offering a no pressure sales environment.

Allen

Much oblige fellers,
As a matter of fact I am on the last leg of a tourmaster transition 2...that's right, the 2. I been looking at the transition 4 on the internet wondering if I am going to like it as much...I will definitely make it a point to stop there. thanks.

"hum, fear not evil I shall"
"All things with Christ's strength I do"

Yoda quoting the Bible.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Seasoned Member

Road Runner magazine did a tour of the Finger Lakes in 2002, a pretty nice tour and trip as I remember reading it. I think you're gonna love the trip. I hope to make a tour in that area some day myself.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRide View Post
Road Runner magazine did a tour of the Finger Lakes in 2002, a pretty nice tour and trip as I remember reading it. I think you're gonna love the trip. I hope to make a tour in that area some day myself.
Good find. Thanks.
I'll dig it out of the pile. Must be close to the bottom.

'05 GL1800 Silver
'87 HD FXR Low Rider
'80 KZ750
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
I am not a big fan of Rte 20. It gets tedious at times as you get near cities. I don't know how much time you have, but to see all (or most) of the suggestions so far will take a couple days. I have a lot of favorite roads in this side of the state. I ride all over the Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Catskills all the time so if you give me an idea how long you want to spend, I can make some suggestions. All of the ones mentioned in NY so far are on my list. I've also have a number of great places to eat from bbq to fine dining along the way.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenniac View Post
I am not a big fan of Rte 20. It gets tedious at times as you get near cities. I don't know how much time you have, but to see all (or most) of the suggestions so far will take a couple days. I have a lot of favorite roads in this side of the state. I ride all over the Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Catskills all the time so if you give me an idea how long you want to spend, I can make some suggestions. All of the ones mentioned in NY so far are on my list. I've also have a number of great places to eat from bbq to fine dining along the way.
Thanks for checking in.
I think that all I need now is an alternate to 20. Figure I'm coming out of the Adirondack region on 30 or 28.
Time is not a factor.
What do you think?

'05 GL1800 Silver
'87 HD FXR Low Rider
'80 KZ750

Last edited by Justin K.; 02-09-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page