DonnieOnTheRoad - Road Trip - Twisted Sisters & Big Bend Texas - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Seasoned Member

Looking forward to following you on this trip. Your previous reports about South Dakota were a big help in planning our trip to SD last summer.

One suggestion for your web-page. The rust colored background makes the black text really hard to read.....

Or maybe my eyes are just getting old.

Ride on. Rubber side down, mate.
Donnieontheroad likes this.

2008 GL1800
2012 Vstrom 1000
2008 Escapade Elite
Darkside No. 688

No matter where life takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost....

The fact that there is a highway to he** but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic volume....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterK View Post
Bob, why are you bypassing the metroplex on your route? We have some beautiful twisty and scenic freeways. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We just don't have the time to see everything!

Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014
Pirelli SnowControl Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
Pirelli Cinturato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 44 PSI
Traxxion by Paul Bihm - Midwest Custom Cycle Work
Darkside #623 - 200,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
IBA # 42128

post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 01:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Donnie: Im looking forward to following your blog for the upcoming trip. Big Bend is on my bucket list. Too close to me to not do it in the near future! Also, it was my pleasure to meet you and Bob (Monk) at the F6b get-together in Russellville last year. I enjoyed our ride that last day. Have a safe ride! Mike
Donnieontheroad and Monk like this.

DARKSIDER #604
(FORMERLY AzMac)
MICHELIN PRIMACY ALPIN
YOKO AVID ENVIGOR
28 PSI
2009 Level 1

post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Seasoned Member

I've made a few trips to the hill country, including two trips on the 3 sisters. The scenery in the hill country is really nice. The roads are OK, but I like the Ozarks better. If I didn't have to work you'd have a hard time keeping me from following you boys. I've got to visit Big Bend some day. I'll be following along and wishing I were there.
Here's a photo from 2009 near Leakey on my first sister's ride.

post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Updated My Web Site with New Color Theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
Looking forward to following you on this trip. Your previous reports about South Dakota were a big help in planning our trip to SD last summer.

One suggestion for your web-page. The rust colored background makes the black text really hard to read.....

Or maybe my eyes are just getting old.

Ride on. Rubber side down, mate.
Glad my previous Road Trip journal was of help to you on your road trip to South Dakota last year.

I had one other person mention to me the colors (Theme) on my web site were to dark and difficult to read so I decided to change it today. It has a Blue theme now and the printing is black on white which should be easier to read. If you go back to my web site and see the old colors you may have to "reload" the page so the new theme and colors come up. If that doesn't work stop and restart your browser or clear out the cache on your browser and you should see the web site with the new colors and theme.

I know I can't please everyone but I hope the lighter theme will make it easier for everyone to read.

Take Care,

Donnie

DonnieOnTheRoad

2013 (Lev3) Candy Alizarin Red Honda Goldwing - 92,409 miles
2011 Black Suzuki V-Strom 650A - 24,060 miles

* My previous Black 2004 Goldwing - 278,419 miles in 9+ years.

My Road Trip Blog/Journals --> http://donnieontheroad.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Life is like riding a motorcycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving ... nothing but two wheels and the open road!
post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 06:47 PM
Seasoned Member

DonnieOn TheRoad -Twisted Sisters

I do not know the temps there, so it may not be outside. But someone has a giraffe on their ranch on the Twisted Sisters route. Keep an eye for it. Maybe someone from the area can provide more info on the where about along the route. Saw it last year when on a ride to Glockjocks event. Have Fun, Gary
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Thank you !

2008 GL1800
2012 Vstrom 1000
2008 Escapade Elite
Darkside No. 688

No matter where life takes you.... there you are.
Not all who wander are lost....

The fact that there is a highway to he** but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic volume....
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Seasoned Member

On 3 sisters is giraffe but its fenced in. The cows and horses i seen werent=open range- be careful.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Seasoned Member

DONNIE - GRAND CANYON IS JUST A BIG HOLE - UTAH JUST BUNCH ROCKS ETC. THINK WAS MORE DISAPPOINTED IN WHAT I EXPECTED THAN WHAT I SEEN !!!!! FOSSIL AND DINOSAUR EXHIBIT IS GREAT. AGREE MOTHER NATURE HAS PLENTY OF WAYS "TO VIEW HER " . WOULDNT WANT TO GO THERE THERE IN SUMMER. PICS I'VE SEEN SEEM TO SHOW LOT MORE WATER THERE ! ??? I ENJOY RIDING ALL PLACES AND ALL TYPES CLIMATES . NOT TRYING TO RAG ON BIG BEND ! GUESS WAS MORE "NOT" WHAT I EXPECTED. WOULD GO BACK - PROBABLY IF IN AREA. OH WHEN YOU ENTER THE PARK (WHERE YOU PAY) ABOUT I'D SAY 3-4 MILES IN WILL BE SIGN ROUGH ROAD !!!! IT'S LIKE THE FROST HEAVES IN ALASKA . ( NOT HOLES ) I LEFT MY SEAT . LOL PULLING THE CAMPER. SO DO SPEED LIMIT ...OR LESS .ENJOY YOUR TRIP.

WE ALL GOT TO GO SOMETIME .....ALWAYS TO SOON
FL. PROWLER # 62
DOUBLE DARKSIDER "WONKY" DRIVEGUARD REAR
BT 45 FRONT
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieontheroad View Post
Glad my previous Road Trip journal was of help to you on your road trip to South Dakota last year.

I had one other person mention to me the colors (Theme) on my web site were to dark and difficult to read so I decided to change it today. It has a Blue theme now and the printing is black on white which should be easier to read. If you go back to my web site and see the old colors you may have to "reload" the page so the new theme and colors come up. If that doesn't work stop and restart your browser or clear out the cache on your browser and you should see the web site with the new colors and theme.

I know I can't please everyone but I hope the lighter theme will make it easier for everyone to read.

Take Care,

Donnie

That's a great improvement Donnie. If there is anyone who can't read the new improved website they really should look into getting some new reading goggles. You and Monk have lots of fun; ride safe (wear helmet); and don't be passing on those solid yellow lines lol....you do have to keep Monk out of trouble you know or is it the other way around.

Allen

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page