San Antonio & Big Bend National Park - Page 3 - GL1800Riders
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Made it home around 7:15 pm. 760+ miles today. I enjoyed my trip... I didn't have too bad of weather and wasn't too hot. Was very windy most of my whole trip. Last mile home was driving west.. I about had forgotten how to lean to the left after leaning right all day. Of course, I guess in life I always lean way to the right

I thought the area was interesting but I prefer the area around Bandera, Kerrville much better. Glad I went but not likely I'll go back there again. For the same miles I can be in Montrose, CO or Tennessee/Kentucky/North Carolina areas. Total trip was around 1,800 miles. Rolled past 110,000 miles

2012 Level 2
Michelin ZP rear tire
Centramatics, Traxxion AK20s and Triple Tree WindBender w/rake
Hannigan GL Trailer
2016 Rollahome Camper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona16 View Post
Yep, those pics are very familiar, having been there last month. The "roller coaster" was awesome. Presidio is a real treat, eh? 🤓
I'm not real fond of the curves on the downhill side of some of those "hills".
I know you can sure bottom out the suspension on that road

2012 Level 2
Michelin ZP rear tire
Hannigan GL Trailer
2016 Rollahome Camper
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbalzer View Post
Made it home around 7:15 pm. 760+ miles today. I enjoyed my trip... I didn't have too bad of weather and wasn't too hot. Was very windy most of my whole trip. Last mile home was driving west.. I about had forgotten how to lean to the left after leaning right all day. Of course, I guess in life I always lean way to the right

I thought the area was interesting but I prefer the area around Bandera, Kerrville much better. Glad I went but not likely I'll go back there again. For the same miles I can be in Montrose, CO or Tennessee/Kentucky/North Carolina areas. Total trip was around 1,800 miles. Rolled past 110,000 miles
I enjoyed the pictures you posted. Brings back good memories. But, I felt the same, glad I made the trip but will probably never do it again.

Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014
Pirelli SnowControl Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
Pirelli Cinturato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
Mega Monty Traxxion - Service by Fred Harmon
Darkside #623 - 200,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
IBA # 42128

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
I enjoyed the pictures you posted. Brings back good memories. But, I felt the same, glad I made the trip but will probably never do it again.
I know I don't push it as hard as you and some you ride with... but it's only a couple hours to Oark or Jasper area and I DO keep going back there. I really do enjoy NW Arkansas.
(I did meet you and another individual several years ago in the parking lot at Oark)
Monk likes this.

2012 Level 2
Michelin ZP rear tire
Hannigan GL Trailer
2016 Rollahome Camper
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbalzer View Post

Agreed. I had never been there before so I had to try it. Besides, I had great riding buddies with me.
Donnieontheroad and Monk like this.

Jim

2016 Level 3 13K Miles
2005 Yamaha FJR 51K Miles

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Seasoned Member

San Antonio & Big Bend National Park

Thanks for sharing ... Loved the pictures ... Things were really blooming when you were there...
Glad you had a safe trip

Donnie
bbalzer likes this.

DonnieOnTheRoad

2013 (Lev3) Candy Alizarin Red Honda Goldwing - 103,109 miles
2011 Black Suzuki V-Strom 650A - 24,060 miles

* My previous Black 2004 Goldwing - 278,419 miles in 9+ years.

My Road Trip Blog/Journals --> http://donnieontheroad.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Life is like riding a motorcycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving ... nothing but two wheels and the open road!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page