Rockies Gold 2017 - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Seasoned Member

I will be doing a tour of the Rockies before and after my adventure up into Alaska this summer. If any of you have some great routes you care to share I would love to see them so I can add them to my GPS and/ or laptop. Downloads of GPX files for Garmin especially appreciated. Thank you.

Allen

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner1800 View Post
I will be doing a tour of the Rockies before and after my adventure up into Alaska this summer. If any of you have some great routes you care to share I would love to see them so I can add them to my GPS and/ or laptop. Downloads of GPX files for Garmin especially appreciated. Thank you.

Allen
Allen, here is a very good link to help you plan out a tour. Hope it helps, it's helped me alot through the years. http://motorcyclecolorado.com/m/grea...s-in-colorado/
roadrunner1800 likes this.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Seasoned Member

I had a great time last year but unfortunately I can't make it this year I will be going out to Albuquerque for the balloon festival.
You guys have a great time and hope to see you on the next one.

Prowler # 99
09 Midnight Blue Roadsmith Trike

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Cracker View Post
I had a great time last year but unfortunately I can't make it this year I will be going out to Albuquerque for the balloon festival.
You guys have a great time and hope to see you on the next one.
I plan on a fall foliage ride every year to eastern Arizona and western New Mexico. I'm going to plan on also shooting over to the balloon festival this year......it's a great thing to experience.
FL Cracker likes this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 06:25 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenichi View Post
Any camp grounds in area that you would recommend and rates for tent set up? Have trailer and tent my preference is to camp.
I stayed at the KOA last year and rented one of their camping cabins. I think most of the campers stayed at the campground right behind the host hotel. I thought the name of it was Cedar Creek. I am glad we opted for the cabin, even though we tented all the way out there,because this Florida boy would have got a little too cold at night otherwise. During the day the weather was perfect. I never even wore a heavy jacket except the morning I left to come back to Florida. I came back through Silverton and it was 25 degrees.
FL Cracker likes this.

Gl1800A Interceptor Illusion red
Florida Prowler 100
IBA #64117

"Freedom is the length of the chain between a stake in the ground and reality"
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Seasoned Member

The more I have been thinking of this get together, the more I am hovering...

I am not too keen on 10 hour rides for 3.5 days to get there, ride the roads around Colorado for 3 days, then back to Florida in 3.5 days of 10 hour days of riding......or trailering for that matter.

Am I allowed to rent a Harley and do the Rockies Gold ride? I am thinking of just flying in and riding from Denver over that Wednesday, ride for the 3 days, then catch a flight out the following Monday morning. Saw a price of $171 round trip from Orlando on Frontier Air. Great price.....

Mike
FireEater

Prowler #7

2008 Level 2 with Roadsmith Trike Kit
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEater View Post
The more I have been thinking of this get together, the more I am hovering...

I am not too keen on 10 hour rides for 3.5 days to get there, ride the roads around Colorado for 3 days, then back to Florida in 3.5 days of 10 hour days of riding......or trailering for that matter.

Am I allowed to rent a Harley and do the Rockies Gold ride? I am thinking of just flying in and riding from Denver over that Wednesday, ride for the 3 days, then catch a flight out the following Monday morning. Saw a price of $171 round trip from Orlando on Frontier Air. Great price.....

Everyone and every bike is absolutely welcome!!

Ron
2012 Pearl White GL1800 Level 1
Dark Sider #1489
I don't ride to make great time; I ride to have a great time!
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:23 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Thumbs up Thanks ATCguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
There are 2 right in town... and a few others within 25 miles.

The Montrose KOA is about a mile from the hotel... and Cedar Creek RV Park is right behind it.

I wasn't there for Rockies Gold, but I stayed at Cedar Creek for 3 weeks last year with my 5th wheel setup. Nice place, friendly owners... a little more 'primitive' and not as 'neat' as the KOA, but a lot less expensive. http://www.cedarcreekrv.com/index.html
Thanks for the 411! ATCguy

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time

2012 GL1800 Audio Comfort Pearl White

1985 Yamaha Venture Royal Burgandy

1982 HD FLH Black two tone w/Battle Ship Grey w/Red Pinstripes

1977 HD Low Rider 1200 Black w/Battle Ship Gray two tone and Red pin Stripes

1976 Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo Blue

1973 Honda Mini Trail Automatic
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Garage
Thumbs up Thanks for the 411 CaptBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bob View Post
I stayed at the KOA last year and rented one of their camping cabins. I think most of the campers stayed at the campground right behind the host hotel. I thought the name of it was Cedar Creek. I am glad we opted for the cabin, even though we tented all the way out there,because this Florida boy would have got a little too cold at night otherwise. During the day the weather was perfect. I never even wore a heavy jacket except the morning I left to come back to Florida. I came back through Silverton and it was 25 degrees.
Yea, I'm from Colorado Springs, CO so I know about them chilly mornings and being a transplant to Florida I will bundle up and maybe hotel it should I make the trip out. Thanks again for sharing the info!

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time

2012 GL1800 Audio Comfort Pearl White

1985 Yamaha Venture Royal Burgandy

1982 HD FLH Black two tone w/Battle Ship Grey w/Red Pinstripes

1977 HD Low Rider 1200 Black w/Battle Ship Gray two tone and Red pin Stripes

1976 Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo Blue

1973 Honda Mini Trail Automatic
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 01:36 AM
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to fredfirefighter
Had a great time last year riding out with Capt. Bob. As of now I plan on returning. I have modified a cargo trailer to use as a camper and will probably transport the Wing in that this year. That long ride out there is less fun than it used to be, and the bunk in the new camper is more comfy that the tent. What can I say guys I'm getting older but still riding. See ya'll there.

Fred
Capt. Bob and 1096dad like this.

US Navy 63-69
07 Dark Blue Goldwing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page