Safe ride home from the Dells to all... - GL1800Riders

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Member

Safe ride home from the Dells to all...

Hi,

Have a safe ride home today from the dells to all the riders from the weekend! I had an awesome time yesterday.

Randy and Laura et al, thanks for keeping this little get together going. That was a huge crowd we had for breakfast (73 I think i heard)! Wish I could have stayed for dinner but it would have been a late ride home.

Nice to meet the people I did yesterday at breakfast and on the ride.

Thanks to Randy, Laura and all the group leaders for the rides yesterday. The one I was on was quite an experience for me. Didnt know I could make the bike do some of the things I had to make it do yesterday! (could have done without driving through the wet cow manure though...:P)

As you get home, post your safe ride. Keep in touch everyone. Its congregating like we did yesteday that makes great times. I hope this to be the first of many "ride in" experiences.

dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Seasoned Member

I echo Dave's sentiment / Safe ride home to all!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Words of Wisdom from the John

IB# 15140 World's Toughest Motorcycle riders!!
GWRRA 123392
MTF Tourers Assistant
Riding on a MC Tire!!!
2002 Silver 88,000 + Traded
2005 Silver 144,859 deceased 6/3/09
2009 Silver Born 7/15/09 deceased 10/9/10 - 43,442
2010 Black Born 11/17/10 78,000 +
2013 Tailwind Sold 11/14
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknudson007 View Post
Hi,

Have a safe ride home today from the dells to all the riders from the weekend! I had an awesome time yesterday.

Randy and Laura et al, thanks for keeping this little get together going. That was a huge crowd we had for breakfast (73 I think i heard)! Wish I could have stayed for dinner but it would have been a late ride home.

Nice to meet the people I did yesterday at breakfast and on the ride.

Thanks to Randy, Laura and all the group leaders for the rides yesterday. The one I was on was quite an experience for me. Didnt know I could make the bike do some of the things I had to make it do yesterday! (could have done without driving through the wet cow manure though...:P)

As you get home, post your safe ride. Keep in touch everyone. Its congregating like we did yesteday that makes great times. I hope this to be the first of many "ride in" experiences.

dave
Betty and I are home . Much more to post later .
Please , please do not forget about George and all he does to keep this going . Even though I have been appointed sec. There is no way in the entire world we could have any of this without his supervision , guidance and complete setting up breakfast .
George ,
Since you are my boss and the best one I ever had . I bow to you gladly !! Every good team needs a
Leader , and your the man !!! Thanks buddy !!!
Carry on , I got work to do before I call it a day and make a million posts before bed !!

Darkside #462.1
[B]Western Hemisphere Darkside Cookie Sole Proprietor
Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
Where's Rail now??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ahHnkalxai42Hi
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Seasoned Member

Nancy and I have just got home safe and sound had a good ride home going on some road that we have never traveled yet.
Glad to have met everyone.
Nancy did not freeze today she put on extra layer of cloth.
Thanks Orrin for the great ride.

DS#1523
IBA#62762
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rail32 View Post
Please , please do not forget about George and all he does to keep this going . Even though I have been appointed sec. There is no way in the entire world we could have any of this without his supervision , guidance and complete setting up breakfast .
George ,
Since you are my boss and the best one I ever had . I bow to you gladly !! Every good team needs a
Carry on , I got work to do before I call it a day and make a million posts before bed !!
Since I was unable to be there, looking forward to the pics/posts. Yes indeed, hats off to George for keeping this event going.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Sheri and I, R home..... Thanks George,Randy and Laura It was an AWESOME weekend. I met so many New people. And so many came from so far away. Thank You Long travelers I LOVE seeing people come together for 1 thing..........They Love to ride!!! It was Truly Great. Thanks once again to all who made it Great

Member of the ...I HATE SNOW CLUB !!!
Maker of Darkside paraphernalia...
Darkside #1112

http://powersports.honda.com/recalls.aspx
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Seasoned Member

Thank you Greg.....AKA 1500 rider for the Great ride on Sat

Member of the ...I HATE SNOW CLUB !!!
Maker of Darkside paraphernalia...
Darkside #1112

http://powersports.honda.com/recalls.aspx
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rail32 View Post
George ,
Agree... Hats off to George for not only keeping the Fall Ride-In going over the years, but expanding it to include the Spring as well.

Thank you George/Randy for letting me help out. It means alot to me, and is great fun! Thanks Orrin for setting up Friday dinner at MooseJaw Hats off to the ride leaders... I always hear what a great job you guys do at these things. (Thanks Mike/Cycledude, for donating that beautiful Amish made raspberry pie... Pics to follow!

"Life's not a journey where you arrive in heaven in a well-preserved body...
but rather where you skid in sideways saying, "Wow! That was one **** of a ride!"

Laura Weeks
Lake Mills, WI
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Seasoned Member

We arrived home safe and sound as well.

What a great weekend! Lots of thank yous to all of the fine folks that made this ride-in the good time it was.

Thanks Orrin for thinking up the whole Moose Jaw idea, and then for doing the leg work to get everything set with the restaurant. Walking in and seeing 60+ people all wearing antlers was a hoot, and a great way to get the weekend started.

A huge thanks to George and Rail for doing the lions share of organizing this weekend . We all know that a successful event like this does not just happen on it's own. Because of all of the behind the scenes work you guys do (before/during/after) people are able to simply show up and know they can have a good time without a care, and thats all because of you two. The WI board's riders are **** lucky to have people like you, as the ride-in and the WI board in general would not be half of what it is without your great attitude, hard work, and generosity.

Thanks to Laura for organizing the Saturday night dinner. ALthough we were not able to be there, the reports we heard were excellent. Again, it takes lots of phone calls and planning to make a group dinner a success, and this one was. Thanks also to those who donated door prizes.

Thanks once again to Java BobU and his 60 quart(?) mega coffee machine. Rail's "Gideon" brew pot was impressive as well! Not sure just who all made the treats we all enjoyed with our coffee, but Betty and others made some fantastic "health food" snacks.

It was so good to see what now are becoming our old friends, and to meet many new ones. We were lucky enough to ave our daughter Amie come and join us for the second half of the weekend, and she was really blown away by the kind of good people she met. She thinks you just might be a good influence on Jen and I LOL .

Our reservations have already been made to attend the Fall Ride-In . Hope to see you all there again.

Ron
2002 GL1800A - Darksider #1312

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first,
and the lesson afterward" ~ Vernon Sanders Law
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Seasoned Member

June and I are back at home. Again ..........a great big THANK YOU to ...........George, Rail, Orrin and Laura. Also to all the ride leaders and everyone that showed up. Lots of food and good laughs.

We had a wonderful time seeing and meeting everyone.

Breakfast Saturday morning. What a great showing I believe we heard 73 people. Great job

Lee and June

June, Loren and the old man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page