Whatcha doin to stay busy in this sub zero climate ? - Page 2 - GL1800Riders
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Seasoned Member

Went ski skiing!
Just after I went into the garage to take another look at my new trike.........

Ronnie

Captron- Springfield, Massachusetts
I retired at 55 years old- no more boss
more time to motorcycle and complete the "honey do" list..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Plow snow, over 20 inches in two weeks and more coming tonight!!
I would own a snowmoble if I lived out there , no doubt .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Hal View Post
Just a quick update on sub chilly! At 6:10 this morning it was 28 here in sunny but rather cool Florida! Snuggies all around for our RTE later this morning!

Oh BTW that sushi looks wonderful
I have been making sushi for about 3 years now . I do have the hang of it , but sadly only my daughter and I enjoy eating it .

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
Where's Rail now??http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ahHnkalxai42Hi
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail32 View Post
Doing a little ice fishing and in the shelter.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
Doing a little ice fishing and in the shelter.
Nothing tastes better than fresh ice caught fish . But I have a super hard time being out there on a frozen lake , in a small tent , staring at a hole drilled into the ice waiting for something to happen. Now if ya want like 100 hs drilled , I auger motor rebuilt , or maybe make a meal of those fried fish I am all about that .
Wingwinder likes this.

Livin life to its fullest daily to prevent regrets later,,, or I am a freaking loon . Either way I am good .
= no eating or drinking warning . Whenever this is seen on one of my posts ,please put down the food and drink as to prevent choking hazard while trying to laugh with mouth full. Nothing worse than coffee out ones nose landing on keyboard . Nothing !
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Seasoned Member

We had 5 1/2 inches of snow when I got up yesterday, went for a 12 mile walk with a 32 lb backpack. Today I will take it easy and walk just 2 miles.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hojo in SC
Iron Butt Association member 24485
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo in SC View Post
We had 5 1/2 inches of snow when I got up yesterday, went for a 12 mile walk with a 32 lb backpack. Today I will take it easy and walk just 2 miles.
were zombies chasing you ?
Just kidding , congrats on getting out and enjoying the SC weather . I walked 12 miles once ,,,, bike was broke down in middle of nowhere and I " thought " I knew a short cut back to truck . Ah the dirt bike days oh and I had 33 lbs of anger once I figured out I was going to either swim or straddle a dead tree to cross stream . BTW it was first weekend of May and freaking water was just above ice temp ,,,maybe
Now for the rest of the story .........
My little brain decided the dead tree was a good idea . Exactly to the millimeter I was half way and tree broke . Into the water I went ( BTW I can't swim) and it was colder than I ever want to feel again. Good news was it was 50degrees out and sunny . I was soaked , every inch of me . I got out alive ( barely ) and crawled to dry land . Than shivering I walked in a bee line to noise I could here just over a little knoll . Thank goodness some dudes were wilderness camping and had my size clothes . Went into their tent and changed into dry clothes as they hung my clothes on make shift lines close to fire . I timidly asked them where bla bla bla was so I could get my bearings ... I was 90 degrees away from direction I thought I was walking .........Short cut not so much . They had ATV's and said they would take me to to my truck and help me load broke yz250 up. After a nice convesation and I helped tweak a Yamaha banshee carb up thye took me back to truck and I told them I got it palying yz up. I came back next day with steaks for their wood fired grill and yz again and we went riding all day . Nothung like steak and eggs for breakfast to make life long frinds . 3 out of the 4 I am still email freinds with and see one every once and a great while in person now .

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rail32 View Post
Were zombies chasing you ?
just kidding , congrats on getting out and enjoying the sc weather . I walked 12 miles once ,,,, bike was broke down in middle of nowhere and i " thought " i knew a short cut back to truck . Ah the dirt bike days Oh and i had 33 lbs of anger once i figured out i was going to either swim or straddle a dead tree to cross stream . Btw it was first weekend of may and freaking water was just above ice temp ,,,maybe
Now for the rest of the story .........
My little brain decided the dead tree was a good idea . Exactly to the millimeter i was half way and tree broke . Into the water i went ( btw i can't swim) and it was colder than i ever want to feel again. Good news was it was 50degrees out and sunny . I was soaked , every inch of me . I got out alive ( barely ) and crawled to dry land . Than shivering i walked in a bee line to noise i could here just over a little knoll . Thank goodness some dudes were wilderness camping and had my size clothes . Went into their tent and changed into dry clothes as they hung my clothes on make shift lines close to fire . I timidly asked them where bla bla bla was so i could get my bearings ... I was 90 degrees away from direction i thought i was walking .........short cut not so much . They had atv's and said they would take me to to my truck and help me load broke yz250 up. After a nice convesation and i helped tweak a yamaha banshee carb up thye took me back to truck and i told them i got it palying yz up. I came back next day with steaks for their wood fired grill and yz again and we went riding all day . Nothung like steak and eggs for breakfast to make life long frinds . 3 out of the 4 i am still email freinds with and see one every once and a great while in person now .
now that was an adventure!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hojo in SC
Iron Butt Association member 24485
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Ridin-Wrenchin Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo in SC View Post
now that was an adventure!!!

Than I must lead a very adventurous life. Because this is nothing out of the normal for me. A west Virgina family put me up for the nite when I ran out of fuel ( my bad) in front of their house ( thinking it was abandoned ) . That's another good story . That showed me to appreciate each and everything I have ,,,daily .
Now onto today's staying out of trouble , cause it ain't much warmer outside .
For Monday at work .
Tonight I am making chicken ala Oscar for supper.
Oh it's gonna be a very long winter for my wife Betty that I invaded her kitchen ,,,,,again. BTW the white sushi is the Hawaiian roll . Peppered spam, cucumbers , cream cheese, celery , green onions and spicy Japanese mayo. First time making these and they are spicy yumminess. Maybe I should start my own Redneck Rails Sushi Stand . Ok gotta grocery store as I am thinking cinnamon rolls would be good for breakfast beef work tomorrow .
Pray for Betty

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Seasoned Member

We sit around the house and play this ping pong game. Get the ping pong to bounce on every plate and into the glass and everyone has to chug their beer.

Allen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	college students activities.gif
Views:	34
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	167273  

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor

Last edited by roadrunner1800; 01-11-2017 at 08:08 PM.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Seasoned Member

Sometimes we even share beers with the kitty.

Allen

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	party-fails-after-drunk-critters-all-i-want-is-a-couch-and-a-beer.gif
Views:	23
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	167281  

Michelin PA3 ZP Runflat 17,100 miles
Yokohama Avid ENVigor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the GL1800Riders forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page